All the Kingdoms to date (Nimbus Sea Pt 1)

With the introduction of Nimbus Sea Pt 1, we got an interesting note on Claw Island, and more info on the Corsairs. The note on claw island refers to an ‘Eden Empire’, and through story we learned the corsairs are big enough to declare war on the Gravy.

Assuming the corsairs don’t count as the ninth of the confirmed ten kingdoms we will visit, this means we know all but two kingdoms. Figure it’d be cool to talk about em’ all here.

Ravenna Realm
The major power in the Bronze Sea. The younger kingdom of Ravenna, came to be the single dominant force in the Bronze Sea after it’s first king obliterated Winterveil and all its people. However, a brief but brutal war with the Thorne Empire left their second king dead, and a young Calvus Caesar to inherit the throne. Recently fallen to destitution with the destruction of Fort Talos and the murder of the prestigious General Argos and King Calvus.

Sameria Province
A Great kingdom with its capital situated on a vast desert. It holds most of its fiefs in the Nimbus Sea, with only a single island (Redwake) swearing alleigance in another sea that we know of. Despite this widespread influence, it’s military and navy are rather weak, making them a target ripe for plundering by their brutalist neighbors.

Skyhall Kingdom
The second Nimbus sea empire, situated on sky islands. Not much is known about them, but a passerby at Sailors lodge notes that they ‘despise us seadwellers’. Yet are not described as a real threat to anyone, implying their military power might be even more lacking than Sameria.

Dialouge for skyhall

Keraxe
The current looming threat of the story, ruled over by Wotan the Conqueror, possibly one of the strongest characters we will see in this story. Their homeland, Jotunheim, is the largest island in the War Seas, but it is a barren, hard land, driving these viking-like people to raid and pillage their neighbors. It is said they have the strongest navy in all the War Seas. That, coupled with their powerful leader and his equally dangerous sons makes Keraxe the strongest kingdom we yet know.

Currently the only known kingdom to occupy the Vimir Sea.

Thorne Empire
Not much is overall known about the Thorne empire other than they rule over a more southern piece of the war seas. They tried a few decades ago to conquer Ravenna, but were repelled at Blasted Rock. Their leader, the Crown Prince of Thorns, possesses great and terrible power. Something caused them to flee in horror at the Battle of Cassia Town.

As a side note, Cernunno’s son, Gaul, who we meet in the quest to fight Cernyx, is from this land.

Ryujin Dynasty
Aside from item descriptions, nothing else has talked about the Ryujin Dynasty. However, due to their Japanese inspiration, it can be said that this is where Shura hails from. It exists somewhere in the south war seas.

Azura Province
Warrens homeland. We know next to nothing about it other than Warren, likely the most powerful character we have met personally, hails from and used to be an influential figure there.

Eden Empire
Revealed in the secret note at Claw Island, The Eden Empire is the latest revealed kingdom- at least as we can assume. As no npc has yet mentioned it, we cannot be completely sure that it is a modern day kingdom. Yet, I am almost assured that it is.

Not only am I sure about that, I think I know WHERE it is. The Eden Empire was formed atop The Garden of Hesperides from Greek myth, hence why they have access to an orchard of trees that produces golden apples. However, we are here for facts, not speculation, and all we know is that they have an orchard of golden apple producing trees.

The Note

BONUS ROUND

Corsair Country
Not entirely sure whether it counts as a kingdom per say, the npc who talks about them at Ravenna makes it sound like this is a VERY recent development. Yet the Corsairs are nonetheless a major player in the sea.

Winterveil
A long gone kingdom, of whom Neviro is the last known heir to the throne. They used to be the dominant power in the Bronze Sea, but due to the threat posed by

THE SIX WAR SEAS:
The Bronze Sea
The Nimbus Sea
The Vimir Sea

(Unordered)
The Marauding Sea
The Aegean Sea (Unofficial name, but because of the name, I think this is where the Mount Olympus ruins will be.)
The Sixth Sea

29 Likes

Underrated.

Thank you Crimsonpants

1 Like

If I had to make a guess on the order of progression:
The Bronze Sea
The Nimbus Sea
The Vimir Sea
The Aegean Sea
The Marauding Sea
The Sixth Sea

2 Likes

do we have any info on how did Nero died

im pretty sure its military score is higher than Ravenna’s tho? its the navy score thats lower

Yeah it’s military is fine, but weak is comparitive considering its up against someone like Keraxe. If we were comparing Sameria and Ravenna it’d be totally fine.

And no, we got no clue on what happened to Nero, we will probably learn later.

a bit unfair comparing them with the (supposedly) strongest kingdom ya know…

Everythings unfair vs Keraxe. Thems the breaks. Shoulda picked a better kingdom spot, those nerds.

General Argos not talos*

Something I find a little strange is how everyone just gloss over the death of king Nero.

Like, he was a curse user, of a powerful and immensely destructive one to boost, so he can’t have died by old age.

He was killed.

Moreover because of 2 reasons my opinion is that he was assassinated (ambush, not face to face duel):

1. The effects of his curse attacks would be easily recognizable, with wide destruction;

2. His kingdom was left alone after his death;

So maybe by the assassins?

Is that the reason of the state of the assassin’s hideout at Windrow?

1 Like

Aegean is confirmed to be the 4th Sea (Vetex’s QnA), so Marauding is either 5th or 6th Sea. Dibs on 5th.

I predict Aegean Sea is where the GN is, as the war of GN and Corsair Country (in Marauding Sea) is hinted to be our next major storyline. Assassin Syndicate main base might also be in Marauding Sea.

golden apple values about to go down with this one

Tech once said in Vetcord that Nero kinda had skill issue, so I think Nero died to a skilled Curse User at some point, and dude was just hard carried by his curse.

Damn Nero just like Morden fr fr

Oh wait, I rechecked and realized I misread the message.

Well, I guess its a mystery that will need to be solved later…

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this.

Vimir Sea is named after “Vimur River”, the greatest of all rivers.

…Thats also a name of a place in God of War: Ragnorak. Vetex once offhandedly mentioned that game series, I wonder if thats where he and Tech got the name idea. Lol, so thats why the spelling is different :joy:

Jokes aside, since each Sea seems to be named after a particular aspect of it (Bronze Sea for the amount of bronze it has, Nimbus likely for having a lot of Sky Islands), then its name “Vimir, greatest of all rivers” maybe imply its the largest of the 6 Warring Seas.

It makes sense, since Wotan is mentioned to be a conqueror. Who conquered many lands and wants more.

1 Like

It’s a kingdom

I have a feeling that The Thorne Empire’s gonna play a HUGE part in the story, more than other kingdoms.

I made a whole post on John Thorne a while back, which was disprove, but I’m concocting a new scheme on why they’re powerful.

They’re like the strongest conquerors in the War seas, and are led by the guy who found maguis. (I forgot if he finds it after AO storyline, or before). It’s so far out that its hard to say much about them, or if they still are led by John Thorne.

Basically, they seem to me like Keraxe dialed up to 11.
(less on the mentally insane side for when it comes to war and conquest, but still big attackers.)

I wrote this in a solid 5 minutes, while doing something else, so its probably inacurate as hell. I might make a fact checked version with proof soon.

There are two kingdoms not mentioned.

The Grand Navy
The Grand Navy used to be a kingdom up until it signed a bunch of treaties with other kingdoms to remain neutral in all conflicts. They exist solely to battle pirates. Perhaps we will get the grand navy flag in our Captain’s Quarters once we reach their main headquarters. They are still probably considered as a kingdom. The one bigshot that we know of is Commodore Kai who kinda reveals that the Grand Navy and the Assassin Syndicate have some sort of ties. It makes sense since the Assassin Syndicate can remove your bounty by coordinating with the Grand Navy. Both Organizations are also politically neutral.

The Corsair Country
Basically a country of pirates, like Hachinosu in One Piece. They are the result of 6 Great Pirate Crews merging. They are the number 1 enemy of the Grand Navy and are currently engaged in war as of the start of the Nimbus Sea Saga.
So far, the big shots that we know of in the Corsair Country is Duke De’Roy, the superior of Captain Maria. They are confirmed to be found in the Marauder Sea.

Corsair Country is mentioned, but not discussed upon due to a lack of information