Alternate Spell Naming: Declaring Magic

So currently in game, there are “Element Magic:” synonyms that adds your magic’s name to the beginning of your spell. For example, if I was a fire magic user, I can make a spell called “Fire Magic: Bullet”.

This is cool, but I have one small complaint about this method:
You can’t have two synonyms in your spell’s name. So for example, I can’t make a spell called “Fire Magic: Fire Bullet” because that has two synonyms in it (“Fire Magic:” and “Fire”)

Instead of using a synonym, I think it would be better if instead there was another option that allowed us to add “Element Magic:” to our spells. I’m not sure if this is still true, but from old WoM videos made by testers we already know that checking the Ultimate Art checkbox adds “Ultimate Art:” on to the beginning of our spells.

Proposal

So basically, a new option would be added when creating spells called something like “Declare Magic” which has a checkbox. When this checkbox is checked, it will simply add the name of your magic to the beginning of your spells. But in this alternate scenario, you would still be able to add your magic’s synonym to your spell’s name. So now you can make spells with names such as “Fire Magic: Pyroclastic Explosion” or “Fire Magic: Ethereal Flame”

Because of this change, all “Element Magic:” synonyms would have to be removed. It would be a bit silly to see a spell called “Fire Magic: Fire Magic: Bullet” after all.

Reason to add/change

Purely to settle a small gripe I have with the way we name spells :ok_hand:

Yeah, I don’t see anything wrong with this. Have my vote :+1:

4 Likes

very cool idea yes

No complaints, well done! :+1:

Ultamate Art: Explosion Magic: Explosion Magic: Detonation.

Also instead of doing this, why not make it so that every magic can select 2 synonyms instead of just one?

There isn’t really any point to having 2 synonyms with the exception of declaring your magic, which is what this suggestion is about
Everything else would sound goofy and redundant

I guess

Voted, good suggestion!

So a spell could be
Fire Magic : Fire Bullet
instead of
Fire Magic : Bullet

I don’t think you’d be able to pick explosion magic: as a synonym if this gets added (you’d pick it as a declaration)

also, the ultimate art part might fall under the declaration category in spell naming.

Probably. In my opinion the shorter the name the cooler it is.

Yep that’s right.

And wow I come back a day later and I see that my suggestion’s got 50 votes! Nice!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.