Alternate universe Arcane Adventures story. Chapter 1

Hi guys, this is the 1st chapter of an alternate universe Arcane Adventures story which I might continue. (emphasis on might) This is just to see other peoples reactions. because this my first time trying to write something like this, and I’m not very good at writing, so they’re will probably be a lot of errors, but that aside hope you enjoy!

The Beginning of a Legend
Prologue

Many years ago, in the age of seven seas, there was a mysterious man known as Aster. He sailed the 7 seas as a type of hero, then eventually a myth. He reached the pinnacle of the Magic world and was undisputedly the most powerful wizard, aside from the 11 Unknowns.  His minds were, Electron, a crimson red and teal lightning mutation. Dragon, a golden and red fire mutation, then an Unknown magic which many just call regeneration magic. This magic has never been seen from anyone other than Aster. He clashed many times with the Arcane Government, Cursebeard’s forces, and the Dark Wizard Durza’s undead forces. His mastery of lightning magic alone, was said to be able to singlehandedly wipe out Cursbeard’s and the Arcane Governments entire fleet. His strength with his Dragon magic was said to be able to burn seas to a crisp. Then there was the regeneration magic, said to be Aster’s most powerful ability, it would heal all his wounds almost instantly, halt his ageing process, and increase his body’s physical strength. though all of these were just rumors. Legend says that as time passed, he settled on an unknown island in the infamous Dark Sea, and was never seen again... This is the story of Aster. 

Chapter 1
Arrival

A devastating storm raged, with dark clouds covering the sky, winds howling throughout the whole first sea, and lightning lighting up the sky.

As the storm worsened, large waves crashed against the sands of Newground island and sent debris flying, though there was a man on this island who was using magic, the gentle golden and teal flame covered the man and the small area surrounding him, burning all the debris and evaporating the water that encountered it…

When the storm dispersed, and clouds cleared. There was a boy lying on the cold sandy ground. As he woke up, he was confused, he had no idea what he was doing here, or even where he was. The blinding light of the sun didn’t help with that, as it just made him even more confused. When he realized his situation, He shot up panicked and looked around dazed. As he calmed down, he soon spotted a man sitting on a small hill around 50 meters away, observing him. He focused on the man and squinted his eyes and saw that it was an old man, though the man was much fitter than the average man.

As the boy was walking towards the man, going to ask him questions. He heard fast steps enclosing to his position, when he turned his head, it was too late, a body came flying at his side and he was sent flying a few feet backwards. As he landed, his eyes darted for the attacker, and there was a brief pause as they glared at each other. All that he could tell was that it was a man, and he had a crazed look in his eyes. Soon this brief pause came to an end and the man raised his hand. A magic circle suddenly materialized and by the time the boy realized what was happening, the crazed wizard had yelled. “FLAME BURST!!!”

All of a sudden, a fire ball was barreling towards him, and it was as if time slowed. He could feel the heat closing in and searing pain shot through his body.

He hit the blast head on causing his skin and flesh to burn, Aswell as knocking him into a tree putting him in a concussive like state. As the smoke cleared, the boy was in extreme pain, he was hunched over holding his bloodied and burnt arms gasping for breath. He started stumbling all over the place with his eyes shifting from conscious to unconscious, and as his breaths got shallower his vision started to darken as he fell to the ground.

As the wizard approached the motionless boy laughing hysterically, you could see the old man in the distance moving towards the pair, though stopped as the boy miraculously stood.

As he slowly stood up, his wounds began to heal. The man startled, sent another blast, though this time larger. The boy, who was this time prepared, swiftly dodged the blazing ball of fire and emerged from the smoke smashing his fist into the ribs of the man.

As the man realized what was happening, he tried to use magic but was left defenseless as the boy continued to strike the man until he was unconscious.

When his barrage came to an end, he fell unconscious due to overexerting himself, and the last thing he saw was the old man approaching him

When the boy awoke, he was leaning against a tree, and he saw the old man gazing off into the distance. Still disoriented he let out a sigh of relief, glad that he didn’t have any life-threatening injuries.

As he laid his head against the tree, the old man stood up and walked over. Crouching down near the boy he said, “good to see that your awake” The boy responded with a simple “thanks” and relaxed knowing that the man most likely wouldn’t ask for some type of compensation.

So, what are you doing here? The man asked. And he got the response of, “I just woke up here, You?” “My followers and I were searching for the Dark Wizard Durza, until we were attacked, and our frigate blown all the way here by a very powerful wind magic user, Though I don’t think any of my followers survived…”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” The boy said comfortingly. The man replied with, “hmm you remind me of another child who came here a while ago. That child was in the same predicament that you were in…”

The boy asked, what happened to him? And the man responded with a cheerful, “he went to doom island and fought the village leader which was corrupted by a staff”.

“Mister”. The boy asked, “yes?” He replied. “What’s your name?”

“It’s Theos. Yours?"

“Aster. Nice to meet you Theos.”

2 Likes

not sure if it’s just my morning brain but I was a little confused by the ‘boy’ and the ‘man’ during the ‘aster gets beaten by some fire wizard’ part

edit: nvm I figured out who the man was referred to

also I struggled a bit reading this section since I wasn’t used to having to scroll right to read long texts

not sure if that was intentional but if you only want to quote the text, you could use

Many years ago, in the age of seven seas, there was a mysterious man known as Aster. He sailed the 7 seas as a type of hero, then eventually a myth. He reached the pinnacle of the Magic world and was undisputedly the most powerful wizard, aside from the 11 Unknowns. His minds were, Electron, a crimson red and teal lightning mutation. Dragon, a golden and red fire mutation, then an Unknown magic which many just call regeneration magic. This magic has never been seen from anyone other than Aster. He clashed many times with the Arcane Government, Cursebeard’s forces, and the Dark Wizard Durza’s undead forces. His mastery of lightning magic alone, was said to be able to singlehandedly wipe out Cursbeard’s and the Arcane Governments entire fleet. His strength with his Dragon magic was said to be able to burn seas to a crisp. Then there was the regeneration magic, said to be Aster’s most powerful ability, it would heal all his wounds almost instantly, halt his ageing process, and increase his body’s physical strength. though all of these were just rumors. Legend says that as time passed, he settled on an unknown island in the infamous Dark Sea, and was never seen again… This is the story of Aster.

aka. adding a single > in front of the passage (pretty sure there’s a space behind > too)

Really sorry about the scrolling part, its my first time posting a topic and somehow that happened so… Yeah… Really sorry again. Also thanks a bunch for the tip.

1 Like