Alternative ways of getting infamy

I feel like clans don’t really function the way that makes infamy more interesting. I say that because I have a shark hunting clan and infamy gain feels kind of unnatural for it in a way. Claiming islands doesn’t have anything to do with shark hunting, but it’s basically the only way of getting infamy. What are your ideas for clan specialties? Should there be alternative ways to get infamy? Let me know your thoughts.

PvP (hunting/assasinating other clan players)
Charts
Sealed chests

server hop in bronze sea servers until you find a server that has other clan’s claimed islands, steal them and leave lol it gives you more infamy than claiming it yourself and it’s instant so you don’t have to wait 5 minutes to get not even a fraction of what you get from stealing, and depending on the tier of the clan that had the island you stole it gives even more like stealing an island from a powerful clan instantly gives you 230 infamy

Sealed chests give 2/4 infamy, my clan isn’t intended for PvP, and treasure charts give 5 infamy. The point of this discussion is new ways of getting infamy. I appreciate you trying to help though.

I might try using this strategy if I find someone in a powerful clan who’s willing to help. We could theoretically cycle our island theft for infamy since I don’t see a cooldown mentioned on the wiki.

I dont think there should be any more ways to gain infamy, maybe alignment will do something but i doubt.
Considering clans will be able to build on islands for some kind of reward, infamy is clearly PvP oriented, with low gain for PvE activities and high gain for PvP activities confirming it. Sorry for your shark hunting clan, but its probably not gonna climb up high without getting constantly hunted for infamy, unless your sharkhunting refers to hunting down leaderboard “sharks”

I mainly just think that AO would benefit from having more playstyle options. That’s a huge reason why Deepwoken is so popular despite costing 400 robux.

just fucking hunt people it’s the most fun way to gain infamy and it’s all we need :sob:

once an island is claimed it’ll be protected for 5 minutes, after that you can steal it from the clan

Yeah I thought that would be a thing.

yeah i was going to explain that i just couldn’t find words to explain it

Dang