An attempt at making magic unique

at the same time tho ash already can cause so much lag for people which you can kind of use to your own advantage

1 Like

That doesn’t matter if it doesn’t affect a user.

If per say, an ash mage with max magic size were to use an ultimate art explosion,
They would be able to simply dash around in the arena size cloud of ash they create.

Not even accounting for the amount of ash caused by using literally anything else

In order for this to work, there needs to be some type of damage effect on them as well.

Even so, AOE drowning is not, can’t, and never will be balanced for a magic.

If this singular effect were to be imbedded on ash, 3/4ths of the playerbase will immediately switch to ash.

This can be avoided by simply dashing and pressing t.

The ash clouds will hide you just as well. Being unable to see your opponents won’t matter if they can’t see you either.

1 Like

Maybe instead, to represent not breathing, all actions in the clouds take more stamina, except for things that don’t take any stamina normally

1 Like

kinda like reverse invigorating. Or stamina could regenerate more slowly like reverse energizing

I have several ideas for magic changes. Like most of my ideas, they’re rather questionable. Oh well.

Lightning
Consumes more (20-30%) energy than most other magics, like in AA. Increase its base attack size (to 1.2) and damage (to 0.9) to compensate. Replace paralysis with System Shock, an effect that applies when the target takes 40% of their max HP in 2 seconds. System shock causes the target to collapse on the spot, they recover after half a second, but have reduced stats for the next 10 or so seconds, which are gradually restored. After receiving system shock, the target becomes immune for 1 minute.

Shadow
The target loses magic energy when hit by shadow, along with the obscured vision. Non-boss NPCs gain a slightly longer cooldown period between attacks for a moment after being hit by shadow magic.

Water
The user’s magic attacks do not expend energy while underwater. They expend 25% less energy if soaked, but not underwater.

1 Like

I like the Poison idea and haven’t read anything after it because so far alot are dumb, how the hell is Earth gonna hit airstallers when it has gravity :sob:

Hopefully some uniqueness is added, these ideas are cool but some are excessive

1 Like

Lag is goign to be fixed so im ignoring that fact for now

Fixecd it for ya then

Those are intresting. I’ll add em, ty!

Fair enough. I just want it to be unique, not just stat-swapped. With FS having bars and stuff, I though this’d make it more unique for mages

is it because lightning is the only hot magic that can synergize with a cold magic

1 Like

Me with max sized build making my clouds insanely big: K

IG I havent seen many ppl use ash effectively, or at all

Water Ultimate Arts should have a lingering hitbox effect like in old AA, in the meaning of it doesn’t deal lingering damage, but a large orb of water the size of how big the ULT art was pn cast will stay behind for like 30 seconds. If an enemy goes into the water, they will slowly start to drown and lose stamina while trying to get out of the water.

The water orb would have the same properties as regular water.

2 Likes

Drowning absolutely trashes your HP, that might be a bit much chief. Could maybe “choke” you instead if you run out of air, which would be a weaker version of just drowning?

2 Likes

You have no idea how easy it is to exit a drowning area.

Mabye. Balance isnt my strong suit (Ironicly in the Balance discord server), so im just making it more unique rather then jsut another CNP magic

(just dash or swim away, the worst it can do it stun you, leaving you open to other attacks)

I could just theroredicly make it drown less faster

A choking status effect would be much better. Every 5 seconds spent in an ash cloud will take away 20% of your current HP, like you’re starving.