An Everburning Wyvern, A Chivalric Dance [Forumers Ocs Matchup Oneshot]

“Wanna hunt this guy?”

“Nope… not big enough of a bounty…”

Two girls are looking through the bounty board in search of a criminal to hunt in Tiberia, Ravenna. One of them was hooded, as if she was trying to hide herself in public.

“Come on January… we won’t be able to afford a boat to sail to the nimbus sea at this rate.” The hooded girl said.

“Can’t we just sell our fish?” January responded.

“You think we can sell seven anchovies?”

Ichix, atleast that’s what her aliases call her. A hotheaded thunder conjurer with an extremely aggressive playstyle. She is usually dressed in many layers of clothes in public because, she’s not human. Her title is the Thunderous Wyvern.

January Light, the Flaming Samurai. A blue top hat with a really large blue jacket resting on their shoulders is their preferred attire. As suggested by their title, she is a fire conjurer who mainly uses a katana.

“How about…”
Ichix drags her finger through the bounty board. Her fingers stops at a random person’s bounty. She rips the paper off the bounty board and looked at it.
“This guy! His a warrior, should be easy to hunt this guy!”

Both girls look at the info about their prey.
“Winters… The Noblest Knight.”
“The first ever person spotted having a knight helmet shaped-arcsphere…”
“Last spotted… Shining Plains!”

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go!” Ichix grabs her partner by the hand and runs out of town.

“Where is he?” January asks.

“SHHHHH… his right there…”

A knight in shining armour sits by the beach, eating a sandwich. Upon a closer look, his armour is made out of gemstones instead of titanium or iron. That knight helmet shaped-arcsphere looks more brighter under the sun. Right beside him is an emerald trident stuck into the sand.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea fighting this guy…” January said.

“Look at him! His wearing expensive armour and using shiny weapons…”
“Nobles like these usually can’t fight at all, their just wearing armour like this to show how rich they are…”

“Bu-”

“WE CAN STEAL HIS TRIDENT AND SELL IT FOR SO MUCH GALLEONS!”

January shuts her friend’s mouth. The knight stood up and turned behind, surveying where the sound came from. He sat back down to much on his sandwich after a quick glance.

“FINE, fine. We try to fight this guy, if we can’t win we’ll steal his weapons.” January suggests.

“Yes! Let’s do this!”

January approaches the stalwart knight from the left while Ichrix will surprise him on the right. As they closed in on their target, the knight stood up.

“Both of you, stand your ground.”

Both girls were stunned. He knew we were here the entire time?

The knight pulls his trident out of the sand with his right hand. He grabs an onyx staff with his left hand. He points both weapons at his opponents.

I- January’s thought was interrupted by the knight’s shout.

“If you two think you can escape, you are clearly mistaken.”

“I never thought about escaping, old man!”

Ichrix dashes forward, leaving a trail of lightning behind. Both scimitars she wield crackle with lightning magic, turning the sand under her feet into glass panes. The knight turns to face the lightning conjurer head on.

CLINK

Her attack was blocked by the emerald trident. She kicks herself away from the knight, only to dash forward to strike him again. Bolts of lightning flew everywhere as the wyvern continued her barrage of attacks.

“HOW ABOUT YOU STOP BLOCKING AND START ATTACKING OLD MAN!” She said amidst the destruction. He didn’t respond.

“JANUARY!”

The knight tilts his head slightly in the order direction. A katana that burned brighter than a lantern was heading towards him. He switches the trident to his left hand and his staff on his right hand in quick succession.

CLANK

The knight perfectly parried both opponents simultaneously. But instead of counterattacking, he stood still. Both girls land on the ground, uninjured. He points his staff at the cloaked dragon.

“You. Aggressive, but you’re lacking some pressure on it. Also, don’t shout your friend’s name out, atleast do a hand signal.”

He points his staff to the samurai.

“And you, sloppy movements. How are you expected to land your strikes?”
“AAAAND-”

The knight swings his staff backwards, parrying the scimitars that were coming right for his neck.

“Your magic distribution is poor, your lightning magic is making sounds. Ever thought about imbuing your sword with magic once you get close enough to the opponent?”

The knight’s armour slowly turns into a blue-ish tint. January slashes the knight right as he was monologuing. The slash cleanly goes through the… knight?

“I SLICED HIS AFTERIMAGE?!” January panics.

The two girls stood next to one another, their weapons drawn and prepared to defend against an attack. The sand around them was a good indicator on where and when the knight was going to attack.

“WHERE IS HE?” Ichrix franticly looks around.

Sand erupted from the ground a few feet away from them. Both girls charge at the explosion, slicing whatever was inside the sandstorm. They turn back to look at their result.

The dust settles. A dark onyx staff stood in the storm, sliced in half from their attack. They kept looking around, trying to find the knight.

“Reasons why people should jump up in the air…”

The knight was in the air the entire time. His hand clasping onto his trident, falling down to the ground.

“…because sailors like you DON’T LOOK UP!

BOOM

January dashes out the attack, stabbing her sword into the ground in exhaustion. She looks around, not seeing her friend anywhere.

A gust of wind blows the sand away. Ichrix is pinned onto the ground with a trident. Despite the ground being sand, she somehow couldn’t escape. The knight however, was right behind January.

“Don’t let your guard down, buddy.” The knight whispered into her ears, creeping the shit out of her. She grabs her katana and swings at the knight. He simply grabs it with his gemstone gauntlets.

“Nice sword, mind if I bend it?” January tries to pull the katana out of the knight’s grasp, but it didn’t even budge.

The knight pulls the katana, his gauntlet turns a bright yellow. He tosses the katana away before punching her in the guts. She collapses onto the ground.

“JANUARY-” Ithrix shouts her name.

The knight marches towards the wyvern. She panics, grabbing and biting onto the trident, trying to lift it off her body. She succeeds, rushing to stab the knight with his own weapon in a fit of rage.

The trident vanishes into thin air. The dragon knocks into the knight and collapses onto the ground. Before she blacked out, the knight crouches down.

“OUGH?? JANUARY?”

“Calm down… I’m here.”

January sat right beside her friend. She notices a small orange gem in her hand. It was hot to the touch, as if it just went through a fire.

“Ithrix… can you use your magic?”

“Yeah? Why’d you ask?” She conjures a bolt of electric.

“I can’t use my fire magic…”

“Huh…”

She looks at the vibrating gem in her hand. She drops it onto the ground. It starts going towards January.

“Hey Jan I think you should start runni-”

SHRT

The jewel suddenly sped up, shooting at January’s heart. Ithrix was initially worried at first, but her friend seems to be perfectly fine. She aims her palm at a nearby tree, firing a fire blast.

“Oh hey I can use magic now!”

“OH THANK GOD.” The wyvern was about to loose her marbles. She hugs her friend and pins her to the ground. “I THOUGHT YOU DIEEDDDD-”

“It’s fine…” January awkwardly pats her friend’s back.

The knight was inside a tree with a maroon samurai.

“Captain.”

“Hmm, what is it Robinson?”

“You… didn’t kill them?”

“Pfft, they’re good people, why would I kill them when they have so much potential to grow?”
“You think I’m that heartless huh?”

“No it’s just…”
“Isn’t this just bullying some less experienced sailors?”

“It’s called training against the unpredictable.”
“There’s so many styles of fighting in the war seas, the most unpredictable ones are the less experienced ones.”
“Besides…”

The knight drops down from the tree. The knight helmet arcsphere morphs back into a normal arcsphere. The quartz white armour turns back into white sorcerer robes. The onyx staff turns into a pair of caped pauldrons connected with an onyx gem. The emerald trident he held compresses in itself, turning into a bright green gem that enters his arcsphere.

“…I’m the Crystal Overseer, the wielder of the Crystal Curse.”

“That… still doesn’t justify your actions.”

“Can I just have a cool moment for once?” The mage stands in the wind epicly.

If yall are interested, I can list what his (my knight in shining armour) super curse does

had alot of fun writing this
thanks youuuu :3
@akirogue @ichix

6 Likes

IM AT SCHOOL :sob:
but yeah this is a great story! love the dynamic!!! also naming ichix ithrix lmaoo :sob:
@ichix you should see this!!

Honestly this is one of the most amazing stuff I’ve read before, I didn’t see this way back then huhu but the writing was very good! props to you :0

1 Like