An Honest Review of Roblox Games | Part One: Bloxburg

An Honest Review of Roblox Games | Part One: Bloxburg

Through the course of this series, I will be making honest reviews about popular games, and I may boast unpopular opinions. However, just because a game is super popular doesn’t mean it’s bad and a complete money grabber, run by the most greedy developers after it gained said popularity. But some are like that. I want to shed light and break down these games for what they really are. Everything I say will come from the heart, the sad little deteriorating one inside of me. In this installation and pilot of the series, I will be honestly reviewing Bloxburg; The game notorious for its extraordinarily complex use of plot building. Let’s get to it.

What is Bloxburg?

Bloxburg is a roleplay game, often thought of as one of the best plot building games out there. Inside this hit game, you can work jobs for money, roleplay, build houses, and most of all, have lots of fun. The game was released by the developer Coeptus in 2014. Since then, it’s popularity has skyrocketed.

Pictures

Main Review

Bloxburg is an amazing game. It’s not easy to miss on the front page. It is great for many reasons. However, like any other game, it has its flaws. Let’s start this review with the outlining pros and cons of the game.

Pros:

.Huge range of building tools and decorations

.Outfit changing

.Game-fitting, upbeat music

.Cash is easy to obtain without robux

.Gamepasses are not essential to gameplay

.Seasonal updates add exciting decorations and map changes

Cons:

.Paid game

.Building is not easy for beginners

.Mood meter is frustrating to have

.Roleplaying mainly revolves around houses

.Jobs are unbalanced

.Work is boring and tiresome

.Neighborhoods are wasteful

There are many things that I didn’t mention, but these are the contrasting sides of the argument that stick out the most. While Bloxburg is an amazing game for building houses and having fun, working is very time-consuming and an essential part of the game. Jobs are unbalanced, as being a pizza delivery worker is by far the best, and the game has gotten bland over the past few years. Without much knowledge of building, the whole game is ruined for new players, as they can’t roleplay or play the game how it should be. Plus, beta games require robux to buy, since they are “pre-release orders” when you pay for them. The game has been out for 7 years and is still in beta. Is this an excuse to be paid for? I’m pretty sure we have an answer to that already.

Should you play Bloxburg?

Short answer: If you have less than one dollar of robux saved, a good sense of building, roleplay skills and a determination of steel, the game is perfect for you. This is not an unreasonable game to play, but it’s getting boring for most Robloxians. However, gamepasses aren’t needed to do great finacially, and overall, the game is exactly what you paid for.

Final thoughts - Trash or Pass?

This one was a bit challenging. As a building game, this game gets an obvious pass. But as a roleplay game, it gets a hard no. Usually, I’d say no to a game like this, but this is a special occasion. Does it fit the genre towns and city well, and does it do a good job at being a game? Yes, it kind of does. This game barely gets a passing grade from me. Bloxburg is great in many ways, but you better work harder than anyone else to really succeed as a player and builder.

The End

And that’s it, do you agree with my thoughts? Share yours in the comments. Until next time, OhHey out.

6 Likes

Me irl

i was expecting you talk “lmao roleplayer game” and give it a -1/10

what’s part 2 :fr:

I don’t think you want to know

:clap:
Very nice.

wasn’t it recently made free?

I do disagree with this

depends on how shit your computer is.

It’s free? Oh, well I didn’t know that. I already bought the game a while ago but I guess it’s free now? I’ll change that later unless people spam me about that.

Gamepasses are definitely not essential to gameplay, unless you want a basement, second floor or a little more cash it doesn’t matter. Or a certain spot, which still doesn’t matter.

Neighborhoods are wasteful for being paid for. I wouldn’t pay for them, unless I roleplay or make videos. Which I do neither.

honestly I’ve got one because I dislike being bothered by random preteens. They’re annoying, plus main servers are often extremely laggy.

Yeah but, after you get bored of Bloxburg in a few weeks you forget about the server and start to lose random robux and it’s all a big problem. I don’t get lag on public servers, but my PC’s a little better than normal.

you just reminded me to cancel my subscription

See what I mean?

Bruh

I feel like the private servers subs should be automatically turned off unless turned on.

You have to turn off now?

:flushed:

it was always like that. although I didn’t get my first private server till 2018. and I started 3 years before that. so im not sure

Ok see you when you turn back on

:smirk:

Wait a minute

ayo bro what
got caught in 4k

No

I spent some Robux on Bloxburg only to not play it anymore because I built this huge mansion and I’m basically finished with the game. I just played it for the building up aspect but since I don’t Roleplay there’s not a real use to play it anymore. I also bought the basement games pass and mines is currently empty ;-;

I got a random like right before you said that

But yeah that’s why Bloxburg is getting boring and bland

Still gave it a pass out of pity for how god damn good plot building can be. 10/10 building opportunity, although most players use 0/10 of it