An interesting superpower question

How can someone be a hero if they have an inherently evil power?

Little Timmy has woken up one day and he’s thrilled that he has superpowers! He immediately gets to work on a design for a cape and a mask and starts running about to fight crime, however, he notices something’s wrong…

People are running away from him, children are screaming, people are having seizures on the floor if they get too close, some of them are vomiting pools of blood in agony.

Timmy’s power is some sort of nightmare/insanity inducing ability that causes EXTREMELY violent hallucinations of terrifying events and other unpleasant sights that target an opponent’s deepest fears and biggest inner traumas, it seems our hero can’t really control it at the moment either, seeing how hundreds of people near him are convulsing in pain and screaming to the high heavens.

But Timmy still wants to be a hero! How could he work around these problems and be a successful defender of justice?

5 Likes

I believe in Timmy :] He has a good heart.

Wait so how’d he know he had super powers if he didn’t know what it was?

He took a superpower pee stick test (like a pregnancy test but for superpowers) and he was positive

2 Likes

just learn to control the power and only use it on villains

but now there’s a morality issue

like I assume mental torment to some petty thief is pretty unjustified.

note that timmy can’t control the severity of these illusions.

you can just let the police go after some petty thief

Just be an edgy vigilante

Also, that’s assuming he doesn’t get taken out first because he commited mass murder of the people around him. Feels bad man if he never gets to live up to his true potential

Like J from X-men
Wolverine Was Sent To Kill A Kid In The X-Men’s Darkest Story Ever (screenrant.com)

It doesn’t fit Timmy’s personality :pensive:

He hasn’t killed them (thankfully) and timmy probably runs back to his house before things get too bad

Well, I’d recommend him to try and spend time to learn and control it. Perhaps he could gain so much mastery over it that he could use it like conqueror’s haki from One Piece, where he could actively select who to drive insane instead of doing it to everybody.

Give up on being a superhero, realize you are a walking PTSD inducer. And simply go on a world tour.
With these powers, Little timmy can easily end the world. As nobody would try and logically kill a child when they have no proof of what they’re doing (in this case. Timmy is doing alternate things and making people spaz to death without knowing)

So with these powers, and the added innocence from knowing he’s a kid. Little timmy can end the world by killing everyone he sees in a slow, agonizing, traumatizing death.

And it’s a win win too. He gets to kill everyone which includes bad people, making him a hero! And he has a free food supply as well.

2 Likes

Timmy can work as scarier version of batman

Answering this btw.

They usually cant.
That’s why there’s so many evil wizards with shadow powers.

They tried to be a hero.
But they just cant.

Either due to the society they reside in, or simply due to these “evil powers” having evil influence

my positive rep shadow mage would like to have a word with you

Keyword!

USUALLY

you’re a keyword :rage:

hear me out but I think stories with redemption style arcs and good people with bad powers are pretty fun stories

1 Like

What about bad people with good powers?
Like a certain waterboy who can potentially terraform the entire universe into a habitable utopia, but instead chooses it to torture every living thing it sees