Anchor Strength Weapon

Anchor Strength Weapon
effort 4.333333333333333 9 quality 4.777777777777778 9 reasonability 4.9 10

ok so as a (totally nonbiased) warlord, hear me out for this awesome weapon idea

Atlantean Anchor: An Anchor from a ship, lost to the dark sea. It’s appearance and stats have been altered due to prolonged exposure to the dark sea. Applies Bleeding on hit
Stats:
1.1x damage, 1.2x size, 0.7 speed
Moves:
100 Strength and Weapons, Anchor Throw, throw out a large chain that can hit your enemy like a projectile beam. You can reel in the chain at any time but after a certain length it auto reels in.
120 strength and weapons: Anchor Devastate, just like devastate
150 Strength and Weapons: Anchor Spin, a move where you throw the anchor and the chain out, and spin it around like Hammer Toss. Any Player/NPC hit by the move goes flying away (similar to the gale effect) and takes a decent chunk of damage. Revolves for 2 seconds or 5 Revolutions
185 strength and weapons: Brutal Divide, a huge vertical slash that destroys anything in its path, similar to the size of a pillar shape but it moves forward and keeps going until it hits a wall.
300 Strength and Weapons: Ultimate Art: Wrath of the Ocean, a huge horizontal slash in all directions, causes rough water in the ocean nearby, waves at a higher tier, Similar to a shockwave explosion from magic and whirlwind. Has a huge startup but in return huge size and damage, has a small vertical hitbox of about 40 studs so you can jump higher than it

First edit: As a way to obtain this, you would either get it from atlanteans as a rare drop (prob like a 5% or something crazy), or you would get it as a chance from fishing/chests on those broken dark sea ships. In my opinion, it gives these ships a use as they kind of just exist as 1 bonus dark sealed. Another way to get them would be from dark sealeds themselves, as the only rare weapon you can get from these is the Vindicator, and it would add some variety.
stolen from @tazee1

10 Likes

It’d be cool if it had like a chain attached to it too so that the user would pull to bring the anchor back, would really be on theme with the strength concept.

1 Like

List of necessary strength weapons for pirate game:
Anchor made into a blunt weapon (with chain/rope???) (check)
Cannon repurposed into a giant gun.
Dual Harpoon guns (already functional and heavy as is)
Mast carved into a gigantic spear. (sails for a banner bearer kind of look?)
A blade ram repurposed into an oversized axe.

(all of these weapons should deal bonus damage to ships with the exception of the harpoon guns dealing bonus damage to sea creatures)

Being able to wield a ship as a weapon may well be what pushes me away from using magic.

1 Like

I like the idea of more strength weapons, and a giant anchor would fit right in with this game.

Brutal Divide and Anchor Devastate should be swapped, mainly because it makes the unique ability more accessible and because Lions Halberd technically has a crash-explosion like move (it sucks but thats besides the point).

Anchor Devastate should take third slot (replacing Anchor Crush), and Anchor Crush should be entirely reworked (or become an actually unique grab) since I don’t think we need more generic grabs on weapons.

Not necessarily feedback, but I think it would be cool if the anchor had a passive effect where blocking power is increased while grounded (plus maybe another effect). It would make the weapon a cross between a shield and an axe, two fairly underutilized weapons (and these themes already exist in the current proposed weapon skills).

You should get it as a pretty high chance from sinking an atlantean ship (maybe 1 in 10, chance goes up way higher in further insanity ranges), and it would appear underneath the ship. It’s a more bearable method of obtainment, and it encourages you to actually engage with atlantean ships. Probably also add some visual or sound signal for when the item spawns so you don’t check under every ship.

Overall, the idea is a bit generic (or overthought since I think most people would think a giant anchor is sick but couldn’t be bothered to make it a suggestion) and the current skills are okay.

I just realized that this is a copy and paste of a suggestion outside of suggestions.

Kinda a bruh moment, but maybe they asked you to repost it here?

i didnt know how to make a suggestion my fault gang

you need the suggestions role

how do i get that

trust level 2 and apply for it

2 Likes

as a warlord main, yes. i really want some more exclusive weapons

now that this is suggested, I alr had an idea for a strength anchor weapon but sunken lemme tell you about it:
Sunken anchor - ability color blue and applies soaked deep variation
Boat sweep - rips the anchor across the ground, launching debris at the enemy doing high dmg
Nautical slam - basically placed devastate
Water swing - swings the anchor in a circular motion before grabbing the enemy with it, swinging them around, and then slamming them in the ground.
just 3 sunken anchor idea thingys

TOTSUGEKI intensified

Bump no question

Screenshot_319
Concept Art, made by heywhydontyoudothis2

4 Likes

I also forgor to mention this, but “mAy FrOm GuIlTy GeAr ReFrEnCe”

Yes plz, moar strength weapons

Aside from the strange texture, this looks really good! It’s way better than anything I’ve modeled

Totsugeki Intensifies