AO Hardcore Run: Ascent of the Mighty Commoner

may I ask why strength specifically

Yeah I would expect weapons. Strength actually gives a passive effect so if you somehow get caught in a whirlpool before you can stat reset you have an advantage

“Own a bronze musket for home defense, since that’s what the arcane fathers intended. Four leaderboard players break into my brig. “What the chaos?” As I grab my sunken armor and tempered bronze musket. Deal 600 damage to the first man, he’s dead on the spot. Draw my bronze flintlock on the second man, miss him entirely because of ping compensation and it nails the level 50 nearby. I have to resort to the archaic ruined mortar mounted at the front of the brig loaded with heavy grapeshot, “Tally ho lads” the grapeshot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel aggro 4 pirate ships. Fix bayonet and grab move the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the grand navy to arrive since the bleed stacking is impossible to counter. Just as the arcane fathers intended.”

3 Likes

so i dont get locked out of basic combat

small update

very close to fighting elius, and i feel like progress is gonna halt immediately when i get there

at the end put all your points into weapons then reset AFTER you kill Maria cuz shes an asshole and doesnt deserve to fight you

i plan on fighting every boss as a commoner

I own a Rosen’s Peacemaker for clan hall defense, since that’s what Gunsmith Rosen intended. Four voidwalkers break into my ironclad. “What in Yun’shul’s name?” I say as I grab my Hunter’s Brace and Blazing Rosen’s Peacemaker. Use my crit on the first man, he’s dead on the spot. Draw my Crazy Slots flintlock on the second man, miss him entirely because of 100 ping and it nails the freshie nearby. I have to resort to the massive cannon mounted on the top of Summer Isle loaded with huge cannonballs. “Tally ho, lads!” The hitscan shreds two men in the blast, and the path of the shot aggros the Etrean Navy. Press 3 and Strong Left the last terrified ganker. He bleeds out waiting for Eylis to arrive since Speed Demon is impossible to counter. Just as Gunsmith Rosen intended.

Erm ackshually the correct term would be “gods below” as evidenced by lances brother

Who the hell binds the block break to 3 :sob:

no you dont ask “gods below” you exclaim it

me, i also bind leap to c in ao

so i beat elius, but i dont know if it counts???

you’ll have to see what i mean in the google drive

btw this was attempt 5. i have videos of the 4 failed attempts and if ppl want them ill make a second folder for them

I’m not going to see what you mean, instead I’m going to guess.
Either someone else was there and helped or prevented him from respawning.
Or he fell off the island and died (which is what happened to me when I beat him for the first time)/he got stuck

he vanished and then flickered in his spawn area twice and then he died

magician type shit

Ah I see…

Thats crazy, you should post that in cursed WOMents/arcane odditites

about to enter fort talos

i dont think much of it will change, since a lot of talos is stealth. from now on when i fight a boss i’ll post a yt video that can be viewed in forum and also update the drive in case the video is removed or can’t be posted for some reason

Plot twist, this is a normal play through but you just have way too many acrimonies

beat him. first try even

holy shit.

the carina fight was the worst experience i have had so far

(warning: this video is literally 20 minutes long)

this was the winning attempt, attempt 3
the first two attempts were cut short because someone helped. i actually got kill credit on the first so i went back and fought a mirage for the following attempts

you can actually see my despair about 8 minutes in when her health nears max

something i learned about this boss fight is that ultimately even if your dps is trash you can win it thru attrition. the healing has a time limit on it and is one time only, meaning if you can live long enough you can just wait for her healing to stop and then chip her away

i am a changed person after that ordeal

surely i thug this out right