AO Ideas Trello

Anti matter magic allows the user to generate small pockets of anti matter encased in a vacuum to prevent the magic from causing the total annihilation of the planet they stand on

Sure,

Polychromatism - Notes from an observer: This magic seems to mirror different magic types like how the moon reflects the light of the sun in the form of moonlight. Inevitably weaker than the originals, yet still demonstrates their unique power. It seems to use a neutral magic as a base for its elemental alignments, magic that can be easily manipulated with focus. Strange yet intriguing, just like its creator, whose magic is nothing and everything at the same time.

(I think the effects description I gave with the stats is also better than the original.)

Arcane Magic - Arcane magic stems from an idea: We all know magic energy comes from the soul and is channeled through our minds into the elements. But what if a mind was completely unaligned with an element? A taintless, mysterious magic of raw energy? One similar to a locked mind? Difficult as it may sound, through power and concentration, a mind can be stripped of all bounds and chains. The result? An arcane magic.

Also, I remade the arcane magic circle with the AO circle design (cool artist templates)

100% size

Arcane magic stats:

• Might as well be this (or whatever AO’s will be)
  • Clash rates: all 1x on everything.
  • Effects: none
  • Aesthetic: plain, white neon.

I like my science notes and research extracts

1 Like

heheh glitchtale moment

I actually thought of the name before seeing it on the Glitchtale wiki ages ago. Funny coincidence, but it’s cool. It’s not as much handiwork as gaster’s, but it still follows a similar concept of mimicking a variety of magic-related things.

2 Likes

the ability to mimic magic

red is destructive
orange is explosive
yellow is spam
green is healing and protection
blue has high clash rates
purple does lingering bleed damage

it’d be interesting if it had the same type of spells but you could switch the color mode

Btw if you need the stats and image for the magics here:

Biohazard

Biohazard

Magic Damage: 1.1x
Magic Speed: 1.1x
Magic Size: 1.2x
Terrain Destruction: 0.3x
Structure Destruction: 0.3x

Manaflare

fire

Magic Damage: 0.7x
Magic Speed: 1.0x
Magic Size: 1.10x
Terrain Destruction: 0.7x
Structure Destruction: 0.6x

Splinter

Splinter

Magic Damage: 1.3x
Magic Speed: 1.0x
Magic Size: 1.15x
Terrain Destruction: 0.4x
Structure Destruction: 0.5x

Polar

Polar

Magic Damage: 1.0x
Magic Speed: 0.8x
Magic Size: 0.9x
Terrain Destruction: 0.5x
Structure Destruction:0.6x

Catastrophe

Catastrophe

Magic Damage: 1.6x
Magic Speed: 0.65x
Magic Size: 2.0x
Terrain Destruction: 1.9x
Structure Destruction: 2.1x

Wither

Wither

Magic Damage: 0.9x
Magic Speed: 0.9x
Magic Size: 0.85x
Structure Destruction: 0.4x

Hellsprite

Extinction Lightning

Magic Damage: 1.2x
Magic Speed: 1.55x
Magic Size: 1.0x
Terrain Destruction: 0.8x
Structure Destruction: 1.0x

Eruption

Erruption

Magic Damage: 1.2x
Magic Speed: 0.95x
Magic Size: 1.1x
Terrain Destruction: 1.1x
Structure Destruction: 1.25x

Frostflame

Frostflame Proto

Magic Damage: 1.25x
Magic Speed: 1.05x
Magic Size: 1.1x
Terrain Destruction: 0.8x
Structure Destruction: 0.9x

Eternity Magic

Eternity

Magic Damage: 0.6x
Magic Speed: 1.3x
Magic Size: 1.0x
Terrain Destruction: 0.15x
Structure Destruction: 0.2x

Illusion

Illusion

Magic Damage: 0.8x
Magic Speed: 1.5x
Magic Size: 0.9x
Structure Destruction: 0.55x

6 Likes

Those icons look nice

P.S. I know you added my magic to your trello, ty, but I just disliked how you went about replying to my statement, so I thought this could be an extravagant excuse to, well, compile a massive shitload of information to back up a point.

We know that the definition of current is ‘a flow of electricity which results from the ordered directional movement of electrically charged particles’ or, ‘the flow of charge’. Furthermore, an electric current is ‘a stream of charged particles’ (such as electrons or ions).

Now, to bring up the topic of electricity, I’d have to discuss how it flows, correct? I’m going to use graphite as an example, as it’s by far the easiest for me to explain, of course, between the layers of Graphene, valance electrons of carbon atoms, of course, some basic fucking chemistry logic, electrons travel on shells, yeah, 2:8:8 (don’t get me started on when the electrons move shells because of exposure to radiation that’s too much for my small brain), thus allowing for free space to exist between them, similar to what Ernest Rutherford discovered in his gold foil experiment, as he found out that there is free space around the nucleus. Of course, the nucleus of an atom is very compact, being 2 × 10^-15 metres in diameter, containing protons & neutrons, which aren’t ‘free’, if you compare them to how electrons traverse through graphite’s structure, thus making you imply that only electrons are responsible for the flow of charge.

Why did I bring that up? Well, I’m sure you know that electrons have a charge of -1, and that protons have a charge of +1, basic knowledge, correct? To be specific, on the first page of the Wikipedia article for ‘Proton’, it clearly states that ‘A proton is a stable subatomic particle, symbol p, H+, or 1H+ with a positive electric charge of +1e elementary charge’, did you read that correctly? ‘positive electric charge’, a particle cannot have charge without being able to contribute to the flow of charge, of course, electrons arguably are more convenient for this due to their smaller atomic mass ( 2 × 10^−10 centimetres) and due to their position in the atom.

I think I demonstrated that I’m aware of what I stated by being not daft enough to make my idea for ‘Neutron Magic’ not electricity based, but more bland.

Sorry for writing a fucking essay in response to a small sentence, it’s sort of a habit now, I hope you can see my point on why I made certain decisions on my idea.

Wait that’s what you were writing all this time.

impressive.

Ruby-Lightning - another lost magic idea

Description: A powerful fusion of crystal magic and lightning magic, having crystallized lightning bolts with a gradient of light red and light pink. The attacks of this magic usually attack as bursts, such as blasts splitting into smaller blasts and arcing towards players, or explosions leaving shocks on the ground to deal extra damage to people caught in them.

Effects:
Red Shock - the short DoT that this magic has, showing as red lightning on a player’s body. This DoT doesn’t last that long (about 3-4 seconds.) and deals medium DoT damage.

Bursting Attacks - the main gimmick of this magic. Most of the attacks will have different effects in order to deal damage in bursts. The way they do this will be listed below:

Burst Attack list

blast spell - Singular blast spells will split apart into two other blasts when they hit the ground or hit a person, which then arc towards the person they hit or a person nearby These split blasts deal about half the damage of a normal blast.

Explosion Spell - Explosion spells will leave a small lightning AoE on the ground that deals low damage.

Beam Spell - same as blasts but summon 1 instead.

Dash Impact Spell - Dash spells will hit twice if they hit a person.

Stats:
Speed: 1.55x
damage: 0.75x + Red Shock DoT up to 0.29675x
Size: 1.1x
terrain destruction: 1.15x
part destruction: 1.00x

1 Like

(might make a boss idea for this too)

Plasmatic Lighting Lost Magic

A very fast, fiery like magic with strong and damaging hits.

Because I am now slightly obsessed with making and recolouring icons I made two variants

Glass variant - Tinted Glass (Yes I am using the refurbished versions because I couldn’t find the original icons)

Light variant - Starlight (Don’t ask about how we can have both star and sunlight please)

What are the stat types for each magic?

space - ancient magic idea

description: a magic that appears to take the form of wireframe shapes, it utilises space in order to teleport the objects around it, gaining control of them itself

effects: when clashing with another attack, your spell will teleport however much of the attack you successfully manage to win the clash against, storing it for later. the amount your spell can teleport depends on how big you set it to. it is possible to store multiple types of attacks, such as a magma blast and a snow blast. the next spell you use will use up what you’ve teleported, increasing your spell’s stats and inflicting statuses accordingly. could potentially also be able to teleport stuff from the area around it, such as destroying the ground for earth or firing into the ocean for water, or even high into the sky for wind

knockback could also be a suitable gimmick for space, but i am unsure if it should have both

base stats

damage: low, around light’s or ash’s impact damage, as space is just kinda there and doesn’t really do much to anything (0.825-0.85)
speed: fast, perhaps somewhere close to light’s, since it is somewhat about teleporting, and space is essential to movement (1.7?)
size: large, as space is pretty vast, and it would help it make full use of the gimmick (1.2-1.3)
terrain destruction: low, same reason as damage (0.25)
structure destruction: low, same reason (0.25)
clashes: likely pretty good, as its whole gimmick revolves around it

first time thinking about stats for a magic, so i am unsure how good they are

icon idea: a wireframe sphere

1 Like

Wdym ?

Welp, I’ll have more magics too add to the Trello when I get my computer back

You are the first one that made Base Magic Variant !

I’m thinking of making more Crystal Magic variants

1 Like

Jade
Rose Quartz
Turquoise