Explosion - Annihilation Variant

Lightning_Strato
Lightning - Stratus Variant

Sand_Mystic
Sand - Mystic Variant

4 Likes

Im having trouble trying to apply gradient to a magic icon :skull:

ae

I have an idea for a lost magic. Plague Magic, which is a gas-type magic like Poison Magic. Visually it appears similar to Ash Magic, but it has a green and black tint to it.

It’s main gimmick is it’s status effect, Infected. It deals damage over time (Duh) but it’s unique effect is that it can spread to others upon contact, making Plague Magic effective against large groups of enemies.

I know it’s unbalanced, but it’s just a fun random idea I got.

I DIBS SLIME MAGICK AND VACUUM MAGIC REEE

(but uhm…

Idk how to make symbols lol)

I also dibs phantom/spirit magic

you gotta say what the magics can do

it
actually looks nice

love this

it’s like one step away from become prometheus water :skull:

dope

idk what this is but dope

unrealistic
but then there’s sage ice
and it looks nice too so fck that, dope

Slime is sticky

Vacuum really sucks tbh

And phantom does…

:ghost::ghost::ghost::scream::scream::scream::skull::skull::skull:

So uhm like do they sounds good?

I think ezia is only takin like descriptive ones, so probably look above at some descriptions for reference ig

or look at the template for it

slime and vacuum as magics sound like they could be cool, no comment on phantom tho, no clue what it does

It’s scary :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

Actually I have a few good ideas for it…

White water :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

i found a new bypass :smiling_imp:

Adding onto this idea lmao
idea for a boss with this magic:

The Boss

Velvet Izunia

A conjurer build assassin boss who utilizes Ruby-Lightning to kill anyone in her way. She is loyal to Ravenna, and is sent to kill the player later in the story. She assumes you are weak and frail at first, so she’s cocky in the first part of the fight. When she realizes you are actually capable of killing her, she gets more serious.

She wears mostly ninja-like armor, which when dropped are mostly power stat based. The color of the armor is red, but can be dyed a different color from dyers.

Arsenal

Ruby-Lightning Magic - the magic she uses, which she got from fusing crystal magic and lightning magic together. Because it’s way weaker than Aether-Lightning magic, she is able to live way longer than Vetex would, being able to live up to 500 years. She still experiences the same problem of magic circles staying around when they shouldn’t be.

Attacks - Ruby-Lightning Magic

Shock Comet - A single blast move that Velvet uses when at medium distance.

Ruby Surge - A self explosion move she uses at closer range.

Arcing blasts - A triple blast move that has blasts arc towards players.

Crystalline Bolts - A multi-beam attack she uses from farther away.

Shock Trap - A placed explosion move she uses at medium distance.

Ruby Katana - An arcanium katana Velvet imbued her magic into. She uses it to do fast burst attacks with, cutting up people.

Attacks - Ruby Katana

Crystal Cutter - An attack that summons fast moving blasts of ruby-lightning blasts shaped as crescents.

Ruby Rush - An upgraded version of flash strike, which has people rush forward instantly, dealing bursts of damage to anyone caught in the attack.

Crimson Surge - A spin move which summons many crescents in four directions, going two times. This leaves the user open for attacks, but can deal large damage.

Scarlet Sai - An arcanium sai that Velvet imbued her magic into. She uses it for fast thrusting attacks.

Attacks - Scarlet Sai

Scarlet Combo - An upgraded version of piercing combo, which has the user grab an opponent and pin them to the ground, then stabbing them many times with the sai.

Bolt Drive - A move that is similar to a beam, which has the user thrust the weapon forward and create a fast bolt of ruby-lightning, dealing large damage to anyone caught in the attack.

Fury Charge - A dash + AoE move, which has the user dash forward with the sai, having a trail of ruby-lightning. If a person gets hit by the move, they get dragged along before the user plunges the sai into the ground, causing a small explosion. This explosion also damages anyone else nearby.

Staff of Fury - A staff Velvet uses that lets her use her magic in more ways than normal. This was gifted to her for her loyalty to Ravenna. This staff lets her make shields around herself, change the environment to make walls, very powerful beams, and more. This would be the only unobtainable weapon from the boss, not because of story relations, but because it’s absolute bullshit and would be too op.

Attacks - Staff of Fury

Precision Bolt - The user charges the staff with Ruby-Lightning before summoning a beam that deals a large chunk of damage to people. The boss would auto track you when using this attack. This attack also summons a wall in the arena, which is the only way to dodge this attack. When you get behind the wall, the beam will hit the wall and cause it to collapse.

Fury Volley - Summons a burst of beams from the staff in rapid succession, dealing medium damage to anyone hit by the beams.

Scarlet Burst - Creates many blasts towards a person in a crescent shape, each dealing medium damage. Sometimes will have a variation which causes lightning to form in between the blasts, making it so you have to jump over the blasts.

Crimson Shockwave - The user forms walls around a person with a large space before summoning a shockwave of red-lightning magic that goes towards the player, making them have to jump over it.

Velvet Shield - Causes a shield to form around the user, which breaks in a couple of hits. After it breaks, it causes walls to form around the user when they are close, forcing them to have to do close ranged attacks against the boss. This also gives the boss some melee attacks such as a slam move which creates a shockwave.

Ruby Lightning Fury - The ultimate attack for the staff. The user creates a small pillar to stand on before charging the staff. After they charge it, two layers of shields surround the user, making them invulnerablee during the attack. They then summon a large storm above, shooting red lightning bolts down which deal medium damage. After this, they summon many blasts in bursts, having people jump over them. After this attack, the user goes back into a melee phase.

Vanish - An ability similar to Shura’s (First boss in AO), which allows Velvet to become invisible for a short amount of time. She uses this to either get further away for ranged attacks or to sneak up on people. She will not use magic abilities when in vanish, and your block will be locked onto her when she vanishes (so you don’t have to just guess where she went).

Phases

Because the boss isn’t bullshit enough, it gets multiple phases which happen at different points for the boss’s health bar. The boss would also talk a bit before each phase

Phase 1 - Velvet doesn’t take the fight that seriously in this phase, she is using her attacks uncaringly and uses her magic mainly. Velvet would dodge attacks a bit in this phase.

Phase 2 - Phase 2 is more of a transition to the next phase, which happens at 4/5 of her health. She starts this off with summoning a 5 disconnected walls in the area in a somewhat circle, before charging a bunch of precision bolts. She then attacks more rapidly with her magic.

Phase 3 - This phase happens at 3/4s of her health. She starts taking the battle a little more seriously. She starts getting a lot closer to where the player is and starts doing more close ranged attacks with her weapons, mainly attacking with her staff. She also starts using her vanishing ability a lot more.

Phase 4 - This phase happens at 1/2 health. Velvet starts taking the fight seriously, and summons a shield around herself occasionally. This shield breaks in some hits, and when it breaks, this forces the user into a short melee phase. After the melee phase is through with, Velvet won’t put her shields up for a couple seconds, leaving her open to attack.

Melee - A short phase during phase 4 that happens each time Velvet’s shield is broken. This summons walls around the person who broke the shield, forcing them to fight close up against Velvet. Velvet will use vanish a lot more to sneak up on the person. When Velvet takes a couple hits of damage, the melee phase goes off and Velvet is left open to be attacked a bit. If you parry her during the close up attack, she is left open for a couple seconds.

Phase 5 (Desperation) - The last phase of the fight, which happens at 1/5 of Velvet’s health. Velvet becomes more desperate to kill you, and uses the Ruby Lightning Fury move her staff has. She summons two shields around herself during the ultimate and stands on a pillar, making her invulnerable during it. After the ultimate is finished, the shields and the pillar disappear, and she surrounds herself in an aura of Ruby-Lightning. She then completely vanishes during the rest of this phase and sneaks up on people to attack. The area the fight takes place in would also shrink a bit.

Drops

The drops the boss has.
1/6 chance of a drop
Ravenna Assassin Armor
Ravenna Assassin Leggings
Ravenna Assassin Hood & Cowl
Assassin’s Cape
Ruby Katana
Scarlet Sai

also maybe a very rare drop
Ruby-Lightning Magic Scroll

Main Inspiration

This boss is very inspired off of The Burst from Furi, from most of the attacks to how how the magic functions. Go watch someone kick the ass of the boss lmao

(maybe also say how this was this is probably the only boss idea i’ve ever put a lot of effort into)

Was this idea cool?

Was this cool?
  • Yes
  • Why the fuck are you awake at 12 am
  • No
0 voters

Sort of, I don’t need everything but I really need a name and a description, I can take them without that but they will go on the uncompleted magics category.

How do you like my big wall of text

Not bad, not bad.

Just find Ezia’s template on the trello, so you can lay out the information that way (description is lore :/). If you want a rough guide of stat balancing, look at Meta’s massive magic analysis doc.

For the symbol designs, just use an existing magic as a template or be creative. Tbh, I find people much harder to draw than symbols.