AO PvP opinions

I am not making a bait topic, I am not the kind of person to do that, I was just looking at what other people think.

I was replying to topic starter.

It was to me, I assume, since I posted it.

Its a pain to see how topics like this are active and how useless they are since no matter what - global pvp will stay the same.

Sorry, if you just wanted to see percentage of people’s opinions about it.

I understand where your coming from, and it will probably stay the same.

Having separate pvp and pve servers is like Deepwoken removing perma-death

1 Like

Awesome dude, nice writing skills lol!

1 Like

Kid named deepbound:

Anyway, it’s ok if PvE players don’t want to PvP but you’ll be missing out a lot. Why else would you even minmaxxed in the first place :fr:

(it wouldn’t change the game a lot if they removed perma-death)

I like PVP just not “open world” PVP (there is a reason why other MMO’s have limited PVP)

Yes it would change the game alot. They built so many of the systems and mechanics around permadeath. If permadeath was removed, players could just keep throwing themselves without worry at every challenge without measuring the risk and reward because most of the risk is gone.

None of these options

I like your funny jokes forum man

there should be a soft barrier that seperates PVP and PVE players, not seperate servers. PVP players should always be able to kill PVE players, but there should be little to no gain from it, my general idea would be to have it so when a player that is double (or maybe triple) another players bounty, it is referred to as a “petty hunt” and you lose renown instead of gaining some.

1 Like

That wouldn’t stop me :smiling_imp:

I’d say that double or triple is too little. There’s too much variety in the leaderboards. I don’t think it’s a good idea to let someone with for example 500k bounty hunt someone at 2 million with no risk of losing renown. If this were to be implemented I’d make it so for example someone with over 500k could be hunted by anyone no matter their renown.

Man was never attacked by metal mage

I’d say that most of the “random attacker” PvP players are not because of renown gain, but are instead due to them having little to no one to PvP with. If something like eylisum was opened up it would fix this issue for the most part. (rip private elyisum servers)

He probably IS the metal mage