AO ship models based off the Trello plans I made

These look amazing! I hope we can have rowboats attached to the ship so we can actually dock in towns like Redwake.

1 Like

This goes so hard, although I’d hope the frigate gets sharper and less sailboat-y
Also, what’s that propeller doing there?

So they’re like the Dahlgren guns from the civil war era?

the fixed item thing is dumb, but other than that these are radical

Do frigates have rams?
(plz plz plz plz plz)

does SolidWorks work in roblox studio

Yes they do

imagine we get an island that’s just a giant boat

iz time to oneshot the sailboats

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something similar to the Borealis shipwreck in AO

I did read about frigates getting mortars

Not sure how they’ll put mortars to ship tho.
The only ship type to carry a mortar irl is the bomb vessel, but there might be exceptions, probably the Spanish navy.

yes

Probably not realistically implemented, but more like Black Flag would be my guess

So the sails at that point seem unnecessary, unless the upgrade for the Ironclad to get a steam engine is separate as an add-on or something that replaces sails entirely. Removing the sails would also make wind basically non-existent so you wouldn’t benefit from go with the wind or be slowed by going against the wind.

Nice models though, I’m personally looking forward to the Frigate and Ironclad when they eventually come to AO (Frigate more so right now since it’s coming sooner).

It’s used to conserve coal.

look man if hoodies exist then I don’t see anything wrong with this

I hope ironclads and by extension steam engines are a thing in these seas because imagine the utter horror of fighting a mechanical armored behemoth in a mostly fantasy setting.

Ah interesting, so was it based off of this somewhat? Design looks relatively similar but it has less cannons and the deck is different.

No, it was based off the NMF Gloire but I made the hull to be similar with the image above and tweaked it a little.