AO Webcomic when? šŸ—æ

Iā€™m pretty motivated to, however my drawing skills need improvement
Once I get to a point where Iā€™m confident enough Iā€™ll likely make one.

my ideal version of it unlike the AA Webcomic itā€™ll kinda be itā€™s own thing in itā€™s own slightly altered universe where things happened slightly differently
Same settings and similar characters but in a different and altered way
if youā€™ve ever read the PokĆ©mon Adventures/Pocket Monsters SPECIAL Manga my idea of an AO webcomic would be similar to how that Manga ties into and how itā€™s different to the main series.
Say, altered plots, adaptational heroism/villainy for certain characters, and more gore and violence. But since Iā€™m in the mood for silliness, if I ever make one itā€™ll feel comedy first and drama later, think Gintama.
Donā€™t forget the inclusion of certain community figuresā€™ files as canon and pretty relevant characters and thatā€™s how Iā€™d make the webcomic.

Iā€™ve thought of a lot of names but one that really stood out for me was:
ā€œAbridged Odysseyā€ or ā€œArcane Odyssey: The Abridged Seriesā€
Since I feel like my spin on AO would be similar to an Abridged Series, think LittleKuriboh, Team Four Star, PurpleEyesWTF, or Project Mouthwash.

1 Like

Honestly love the idea of an abridged storyline and Iā€™d love to contributeā€¦ heck maybe theirs a mentor character who teaches someone how to ā€˜dodgeā€™ like Piccolo

1 Like

I thought of Edward Kenton (the guy you recruit as a quartermaster from elm island) as filling this role weirdly enough

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ also you should totally pull a one piece and have a gradually growing crew of characters in order to represent the different buildsā€¦ and the whole goal is theyā€™re looking for Mimhere island

3 characters on the crew only, with a few Guest Party Members every once in a while.
Iā€™m probably not Echiro Oda levels of character fleshing so Iā€™ll stick to 3 main characters and have them move around and just interact with the story while also having side plots of their own.
Again, this is less based on One Piece like a bunch of other people have wanted and is more based off of Gintama. Thereā€™s 3 focus characters and essentially they go out and do Odd Jobs with their main goal being to pay off debts and taxes they keep getting.

Mimhere island will be a non-canon Comedy/Parody arc around the 3rd sea with a bunch of references to One Piece and the community itself. With tester characters and the main antagonist of the arc either being Mimhere himself or WAX.

Heh nice