Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

i have no idea who that man is

Now we can say it

THE ABYSS SEA!
THE ABYSS SEA IS REAL!!!

I decided to write a AS story after like months of not writing shit, tell me if I burned down the kitchen lmao

Link?

I forgor to post here mb (I turned the kitchen to ash :sob:)

unbearable

As if the poor people we write didn’t have enough bullshit to deal with (just wait for when dragons release)

i cant fucking WAIT for an atlantean to hunt down a dragon for sustenance and somehow do one of them dragonblood ritual things

And that atlantean happens to be Martin

What if Martin gets so powerful that he has an inward collapse and accidentally becomes sentient and his body goes from super ugly and deformed into some kind of husbando eel guy

“Wait shit what’s going on”

But he eat Atlantean and humans
He eat everything

Would sentient martin eat ppl tho

I mean if he was blasted with the warding curse and his mind basically got insanitywiped and super purified, what would happen?

I’d imagine that his body still requires him to eat people to live, but he would be against it.
However, atlanteans are still close enough to normal people, and there is no shortage of them
You know what that means: Welcome back eating atlanteans

Actually, how OP would the warding curse be in the abyss sea :thinking:

Just a giant divine ankh constantly floating around the user

Downside: Everyone can see you
Upside: What are they going to do about it

DIVINE BLAST!

atlantean: I have the sudden urge to go on a spiritual journey and become a vegan

The strongest weapon of all: Making your enemies feel immense guilt about things that they were unable to control

I know I’m a few days late to the party on this, but I have an idea for a horrifying direction you could take Calvus. Instead of having him mutate into a sunfish, have the infection interact with the power he inherited from Nero and thus leave his abilities, intellect, and raw magical power intact… in addition to granting him new abilities and control over Atlanteans.

How is this horrifying? Allow me to elaborate.

Take King Calvus in gameplay, during the very first time you fought (and almost certainly died to) him.

Now imagine if he fought not like a boss npc, but another player experienced in PvP who has been given his loadout of abilities and spells, and would thus be clever enough to use the throne as cover from your attacks, actively destroy the pillars around the room so you can’t do the same, and not let his attacks get ‘caught’ on the terrain.

Now imagine if, while fighting this smarter Calvus, you also had to deal with swarms of Atlanteans who are under his control, on top of an Insanity 3 debuff from merely being in the same room as him, with all the resulting visual effects and interface freakouts distracting you and messing with your hud in a battle where dodging and keeping track of your opponent is crucial.

Now imagine if you have only one chance to beat him. As in, if he kills you, you’re dead for good and never respawn.

Now imagine that death is the absolute best potential fate in store for you if this nigh-unstoppable boss beats you… and given that you have absolutely no experience with fighting Calvus before he got all these new abilities, you most certainly will lose.

Here’s a link to a character bio I whipped up breaking down what this might look like in the context of the Abyss Sea AU: King Calvus, Herald of the Deep

2 Likes