Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

I am making BANK here with some shark repel potions

…it’s just a boss concept

And what did you expect? A real woman? Touch some grass and go back to unending grind

siren location ‘concept’ thingy in Abyss Sea
siren go to bronze sea
some look at sailors lodge and is like “omg hot people free food” and go there
sailors lodge is also a square (just like siren islands)
now sirens not only at high altitude areas but also sailors

Damon got some bitches

No he just serves them as normal. He doesn’t even question what’s going on

keep making that bank damon

Imagine conflict that people are saying females to not go into the sea, so they wont get confused by other survivors and wont get accidently killed

sexism simulator

I saw “Enviromental Changes” page on the trello, why is it empty? And what exactly is planned to appear there? If no ideas, let me cook

I’ve had some ideas to how the invasion would effect the islands of the War Seas, from the changes in weather to the deterioration of natural flora due to the magic poisoning. I plan to add more onto the Trello when I’m not busy (school is kicking my ass rn) but I do have plans for that card!

Though, if you have any ideas of your own, pls feel free to share ^^

This info prob better to be in each island’s status

This is more for general information, so people can write descriptions of the atmosphere better regardless of the setting.

Sure, here’s some takes on that stuff

Environmental Changes Brought On by the Invasion:

Thanks to the weakening of the forces keeping the effects Dark Sea at bay, massive environmental shifts have been occurring in all parts of the Bronze Sea. Weather events, changes to flora and fauna, and the like have been recorded by numerous survivors and written down to educate people on the changes that have been occurring. The following is a list of many of the changes that have been seen in the wild by survivors.

Weather:

The weather has gotten much more turbulent thanks to the invasion, the magic pollution in the air causing higher wind speeds, more frequent thunderstorms, and rougher sea conditions. While it isn’t as bad as what is found within the Dark Sea itself, it is far from what the people of the Bronze Sea are used to. As such, most people forgo sea travel all together, with only experienced sailors daring to make the treacherous journey between islands.

Additionally, it now rains much more frequently, but this rain has been polluted with magic. As such, it tends to physically break down both plant life and other creatures, though its effects can be mitigated through semi-frequent washing. Other methods of counteracting this rain has included the development of special clothing designed to resist the effects of this rain. This clothing, woven from magic-resistant fibers, has become a valuable commodity.

Flora:

Many types of flora have died off thanks to the constant barrage of magic polluted rain. However, many other plants have survived and learned to adapt in this new world. For one, many types of mushrooms have learned to absorb magical energy and store it within themselves, causing them to grow abnormally large. While these mushrooms are highly nutritious, eating them too often has been known to cause hallucinations.

Other plants have also been affected. Some flowers, known for their use in healing potions, have had their healing properties greatly magnified by the increase in magic levels. Other flowers have grown thicker petals and thorns, becoming more reminiscent of desert succulents. While there are plenty of alchemists eager to get their hands on some new ingredients, finding them can be tricky as they often grow on dangerous islands.

Fauna:

Due to the magic pollution in the water, just about every type of fish has been affected. This has caused many types of fish to grow far beyond their normal size, some of them becoming truly massive specimens that rival most ships in size. Of course, this also means that sea monsters have been affected as well, and while they are relatively rare, any monster sighting typically follows the disappearance of a ship or even a fleet.

Geological Changes:

While most magic pollution ends up in the water, some has seeped into the ground, causing numerous odd formations to occur. For one, miners have discovered stones that seem to bleed like a human heart, while others have found teardrop-shaped rocks that burn to the touch. Sailors have recovered crystals formed from lightning strikes on the ocean and pieces of magic-infused sand. These objects have also found their way into the hands of alchemists, who experiment night and day to make potions that can be used to fight back against the Atlanteans or even a cure.

6 Likes

WORLDBUILDING WWWWWW

will definitely use these ideas in the future, also the rocks that bleed are just nightmare fuel, thanks :melting_face:

You have basically taken every Dark Sea feature and put it into War Seas as enviromental changes. Same did I, though. I admit you was first, but I will still drop what I cooked here

Abyss Sea - Enviromental changes

As Invasion started and Atlanteans have begun breaking into War Seas, Dark Sea’s pollution has also made its way there. The border between War Seas and the Dark Sea is becoming thinner and thinner each day, and after some time it will be impossible to tell where it was.

Sea changes:

Large waves, once only spotted in the Dark Sea, now a common thing to see. Maybe not reaching enormous height, they still can be a danger to small ships. Seemingly have no impact on Atlantean ships, as they are used to sail through bigger waves than these.

Whirlpools, albeit slightly increasing their size, haven’t changed much. But, those who live underneath them have changed. Lurkers learned to cooperate with eachother and swim in circles to create their own whirlpools wherever they want. Of course, it takes a plenty on time, and there needs to be a whole swarm of lurkers, but once one whirlpool is made, lurkers cooperate again and won’t stop until there is a whirlpool for each lurker in the swarm.

The majority of whales didn’t survive the pollution, and mere remnants of their population are still swimming in search of cleaner seawater. Sea bottom now has a lot of whale skeletons, and some of their bones can be used to construct something, if only there was a way to lift them up…

Atmosphere changes:

Tornadoes became more frequent in War Seas, and now they can lift up things much heavier than before. And as Atlanteans continue mutating, they developed an interesting way of transportation using tornadoes.
By driving their ships nearby a tornado so they can almost touch it, Atlanteans can get their ship flung in the sky, allowing them to travel faster and even crashing on islands to invade. Of course, no ship, even Atlantean, can survive this fall, and most of the crew aboard will also die, those who lucky enough can survive and regenerate under the debris. Only the most desperate and reckless Atlanteans use this way to travel.

Fog in War Seas is now filled with Dark Sea pollution, and Atlanteans can’t sense or see eachother in it as everything around them is covered in it. Foggy days are perfect for silent assaults of Atlantean crowds, as no of them will know that their horde is attacked until someone directly attacks them. Though, this fog isn’t safe for survivors either, as it causes constant insanity and paranoia.

Sometimes a normal day can turn into the Red Lightning Storm. No sun nor moon can be seen this day, waves at the sea become even bigger, rain doesn’t stop and it is now poisonous, tornadoes appear much more often, both waves and tornadoes can now be imbued with magic, and red lightning relentlessly strikes the ground. Interestingly enough, the lightning mostly aims at Atlanteans, sometimes even setting on fire entire fleets of them. When red lightning hits someone, it burns away a slight portion of Atlantean essence inside of them. Maybe a key to the cure is hidden in the question “What the red lightning really is”?

During night, there can a very rare event occur, called Starlight Rain. Drops of shining white light fall on the ground or in the water. It looks absolutely fascinating and breathtaking, but being under this rain is very dangerous, as starlight burns and poisons whoever is in its range. If it is raining above the sea, all droplets evaporate and turn into small cloud of smoke. It aimlessly flies around, killing any living being that got inside of it, until fully dissipating after a day. If the rain is on the land, one can try and collect some starlight to use it as a component to craft the most deadliest weapon against ships: the Starfire bottles. These can turn fleets to ashes, and better to be used wisely.

4 Likes

Hey, if I started writing journals for my character, need I to create my separate topic with abyss-sea tag to post them to?

Do whatever ur heart tells u too man, this whole project is basically a free for all

im bored heres magic weed for the 1420th post

Stormroot

Stormroot is a strange plant that originally grew in the depths of the dark sea. When the invasion began, the plant began to sprout up everywhere. Stormroot has some rather strange properties to it, in particular when smoked or consumed.

Upon usage, the person under its effects will begin to feel focused, go into a euphoric state, and feel relaxed. It also basically gives warding 1. If cooked, stormroot will make whatever food it was cooked with taste strangely fruity and citrusy. Many users claim that it helps them deal with their tragedies that have come with the invasion.

Although there are some negative side effects. Atlanteans seem to be naturally attracted to Stormroot as well as anyone using it. It also dries the eyes by an irritating amount. It’s also incredibly addictive, which leads to survivors risking their lives just to get some.

While there are a few farms of Stormroot under construction, the only consistent way currently to get it is to venture into the seas. The ships heading out are either crewed by those taking advantage of addicts to make bank, or by the addicts themselves. Those who go out to collect Stormroot nearly never come back.

2 Likes