Arcane Atmosphere

just a small project I’m working on :3

Overview

It has been 2000 years since the battle that broke the world. The remnants of humanity had took to the skies to seek refuge from the surface. But now, as magic is in the midst of decline, as the world has long forgotten it’s past history, a new battle will emerge. Will humanity reclaim the surface, or will they flee once more towards the stars.

2 Likes

the promethean fire curse is the sun frfr

The promethean fire curse is actually a major part of the story lol!

The initiating event is that the curse crashes onto earth and gets picked up by the player, which causes all sorts of stuff to go down.

imo the promethean sun curse went into the sun

I thought it only went into orbit, but that is an interesting thought! Imagine what would happen to the sun with the curse… hyper global warming :fearful:

The curse in orbit

now i just gotta work on the island the main characters live in

these renders look ass :yawning_face: did you take those models off of the toolbox or what

@JTN’s renders are magnitudes better :muscle:

Here’s a short opening cinematic I made for this :smile:

6 Likes

bandicam :sob:

Anyways, I actually thought of a concept like that, but I lack technical knowledge to make such a game. Keep going, this certainly has some potential.

I’d love to know what your concepts are! Sharing ides is a great way to make more interesting story after all :)

Sorry but every time I see somebody using Bandicam, I feel obligated to tell them that OBS is free, is better, and doesn’t have a watermark.

Thanks for the advice :+1:

thats fire but i think the earth is a bit too dark

look at the position of the sun :grin:

Started work on the intro island, I’m thinking it should be a farming island that has another sky island chained above it that provides water to the island (for use in irrigation). I’ll probably have the main characters stargaze up there when the curse touches down.

Planning on adding a port and housing, right now though the map is very much a WIP.

Placeholder rigs for the main characters (names are placeholders too). I’ve already got stories planned for all three of em, I just don’t know what they should look like :(

2 Likes

Delta could be a sentient machine brought to life with magic, its circuitry made of arcanium. Metal framing with some plating would fit, any exposed wires may radiate with magic energy.

Aureole could be a random girl imo, probably white clothing with yellow elements would fit, may use light magic.

Croix - no idea

(messagmenullguy)

1 Like

I probably should have given a bit more detail about each of them lol.

Delta would be the guy who obtains the Promethean fire curse (Soul oriented). He would interact more based off of instinct. Much more passionate and emotional than the other two, but also much more sociopathic and insane. He knows this and wants to change for the better, but usually fails and relapses due to his nature.

Croix is Delta’s foil in the sense that he’s much more analytical and thoughtful. He is really sentimental and hates change, since everything after the start of the story makes his life shitty and he just wants to go back lol. However, he doesn’t know how to express himself because he is terribly afraid of what others may think of him (which stems from his hate of change). Starts out with magic (Psyche oriented), which is unique amongst the three.

You were very close with the robot idea, cause Aureole is the sentient machine of this group. She doesn’t know it yet though :shushing_face:. She’s unique amongst the robots of this story (which I refer to as ‘Angels’, you’ll see why later :wink:) though as she actually has both an artificial soul and psyche, making her alive (the others either have external imbuements or only one type). She’s very confused and escapist, due to the contradictory nature of her existence, but has to find the truth nonetheless.

This is very much subject to change but that’s pretty much the gist for each of their characters.