Arcane Frontier

This is a new project that I am planning :smile:. Currently it’s only in the brainstorming phase, but I’m hoping to work on it soon once school ends.

What the game is about?
Arcane Frontier is going to be a sequel to World of Magic, with a much greater emphasis on exploration and characters (not necessarily story though). It’s pgoing to be very fundamentally different from how World of Magic played, since many RPG elements will be omitted (such as exp, levels, stats, hell maybe the inventory too).

Where is it set?
Arcane Frontier is set a short while after John Thorne made landfall on Magius (probably about 100 years after). It looks at the early empires of Magius, and the rise of the Magic Council.

The ideas for this game is not final, so please give feedback on how I could improve this (potential) game! :grin:

3 Likes

WoM ain’t canon tho :broken_heart:

It isn’t?

I guess even if it isn’t canon, Magius as a setting is still really cool to me.

I always wanted to see a modern/future AO based game

Arcane legacy

with the lore being, assuming it’s canon

that a shady organization seemingly has somehow re-awakened the magic gene through unknown means

Arcane leg-

:zzz: :broken_heart:

Yeah, I was a bit torn between having Arcane Frontier be set in the past or future of World of Magic. I chose the past because I have a lot more to work with lore-wise.

Please don’t make arcane legacy that arcane legacy :pray:
The AR community flew to that game and shitted on it

oh wait lol

Arcane Beyond?

Arcane Woken…

1 Like

hell nah

if this is like a game about colonizing the land and dealing with magical creatures n stuff with things like weapons, that would be sick

Add magic bells and add Classes such as

Full inteligence Nerd
Full Strength Chad
Full Agility Athlete
Full Weapon Warrior
Full Fortitude Obese person

1 Like

Arcane Frontier.
I can’t wait to dash through the road.

the 40 minute walk is crazy.

1 Like

Lets watch this.

Will there be horses?
Will the continent concept stay?

These are the only two questions I wanna know

1 Like

Magic horseback battles sound silly yet cool.

Yes.

Horse racing
While hurling nukes

If this game has that concept I shall play it :+1:

Makes pulling a weapon and m1ing funnier.

arcane ball run

2 Likes

Finals weren’t over :sweat:

Anyways brainstorming time:

• Primary stats of the game:
    exp,
    max speed,
    max stamina,
    acceleration,
    stamina regen

• exp will be obtained through non-respawning chests (use a single int per area to count which chests the player has already looted, which will give us 1023 unique chest placements in that area)

• combat will take a back seat in the game, likely reserved for some bosses. (might implement it for lesser enemies if the movement system is fun to use tho)

• Player would use swords during combat
  • horses are likely not going to be in the game, given that most of the game would be rugged terrain-wise (forest, mountain, wasteland, etc) so maneuvering them around would be terrible