Arcane Magazine vol 1-3

The latest in War Seas fashion and trends, coming to a ship mailbox near you!
Up next : The Quartermasters

Full Cover images

Morden

Iris

Neviro

67 Likes

Family issues :skull:

THESE ARE SOOOOO FIRE KNIFE!!! I love the composition on these and the little article descriptions are so funny

ill take 1000 copies of an elius volume pls

1 Like

I technically did not plan an Elius issue…but honestly I’ve been having fun designing these so like after I get through the other 10 sitting in my drafts maybe him and his sister will get a chance :eyes:

2 Likes

You’d be surprised how many people in the war seas need his tips and tricks

would read

1 Like

Morden looking silly as always

2 Likes

“The Hound Siblings: Where did they go? Exclusive interview with the Bronze Hound unravels an harrowing mystery! Nobles dropping like flies!!”

my true crime ass would be eating this up

1 Like

Imagining this terrible story blurb on a cover where it’s them posing all nice and happy is kinda funny now I might actually draw them a cover

glad to be of shitty tabloid writer service :saluting_face::saluting_face:

this is so peak :fire:

1 Like

IRIS AND MORDEN LMAOOOO THEYRE SO GOOD, nice one fr

1 Like

no I want all the magazine articles

this looks sick, love it

1 Like

cough up the galleons stranger I’ve got Brig repairs to pay for

This is very peak, and I love everything about it. From the outfits and poses that all speak to their individual characters, to the headlines being absolutely on brand. It’s all immaculate.

Alright now time for random headcanon drabbles because I like being a contrarian

I don’t think Morden would smell like decay, personally when I think of the smell of Death like personifications I don’t think rot. Because, rot isn’t death, it’s something that happens after death. Death or Thanatos or Morden smell like grave soil and the stagnant air of a mausoleum. It’s cold and faintly metallic with an over powering smell of rich soil. Is this anything? (Probably should’ve made this its own topic.)

okay now give us the full magazine :smiling_imp:

I actually think it depends on the perception of the user of the curse, as the curse itself isn’t exactly as concrete as an elemental curse, it follows more of a natural concept. Seeing how at the moment Morden seems to fear the power that he currently has access to, I think he would associate it with the negative aspects of death before thinking of anything else, and the curse might reflect that.

That being said, I was moreso referring to that time he found the curse because it smelled rancid there LOL

2 Likes

pay me 50 dollars and I gotchu

That’s actually a really interesting idea, that your physical appearance or senses could change based on you relationship to your curse. So someone who thinks of death as simply another step in a journey or as a peaceful oblivion would smell like a mausoleum or grave yard, while someone like Morden who fears death for the destruction and decay it causes would smell like how they perceive it… Hmm, more things to think about when writing fics.