Arcane Oddysey's story is kinda

There is some dynamic stuff in the story line like how you get chased by Ravenna ships on your way to windrow. I get what you mean thoe it would be cool to see more dynamic stuff in the game, which I’m sure Vetex plans to do he has lots of cool concepts in the Trello if you check em out like the kingdom interaction. What concepts are do you want see exactly thoe?

Ngl this quest is pretty cool on paper but roblox having a seizure because more than 5 npcs spawned at once ruins it

Ah yes, I love when 5 ships spawn behind me and there’s that little ship I need to like destroy to complete the quest but it keeps running awya from me and the stupid full hp maxxed hull armor idk keep shooting arcanium cannons balls at me and dealing 550 damage

well i guess when you look at everything through a negative lens like that then nothing will be satisfying lol

4 Likes

(I was joking)

I’ve done that quest like 7 times already and i’ve never had this issue. It’s just annoying how npcs get off their ships and start swimming after mine all the way to windrow while spamming 20 blast barrages

It did happen once but I was like way too lazy to go fix my ship at Rubica so

Tbh i think people are just picking on you cuz they want more content :joy: they wouldn’t be playing if the story was really that bad.

1 Like

i mean it is an mmorpg and it follows the traditional mmorpg format

this guy HAS to be cooking the biggest text that these forums have ever seen

Him:

skill issue

1 Like

comedy

Fan fact:
This 20 lvl block is equal to 16 days in game story

I can see why you think the story is boring but that just could be because you played the game too many times. One of my friends made so many files he memorized parts of the dialog word by word.

As for the way it was executed, I don’t see how else it could be done? The first time I did the story I only felt like it would be the same over and over again at the very start, and this changed as soon as I reached Cirrus. It isn’t really only battling and sailing and there’s much more to it than you described.

The only thing that bothers me is why islands are so small. They currently feel way too scattered and unique to really give the feeling that they’re part of the same sea. The only Island that isn’t small at all is Othrys, but there is nothing to do there other than awakening and running around with friends

so lets see

Chapter 1 is pretty normal

Chapter 2 is unique with when you climb the stepstones and use skyships for transportation

Chapter 3 has a stealth and escape section

Chapter 4 has a humongous island and a portion where you get kidnapped

Chapter 5 brings the bronze sea to a end, you travel to the last remaining islands and then you get your first awakening

Its exceptionally good for a Roblox game, and honestly just as engaging as most RPGs that Ive played

Wth do people want from Vetex?

6 Likes

Agreements
I do agree that the story does get REALLY tedious when the plenty of level gaps appear maybe next time lower the level gaps to make the game feel less like a bandit beater (I’m looking at you Frostmill)
Disagreements
The thing is I have read all of the dialogue from npcs and me personally have learnt a lot about the lore that I before had no knowledge of + Nods to AA’s story showing it’s relevance. For example like the green forcefield that is put in place for most likely a return to the bronze sea after going to further seas. Also we cannot just have constant bosses on every island it would get more and more repetitive.

he needs help

im serious this is not healthy ( unless he has really good memory or soemthing ig )

this game requires some patience in general really,
tried to like play with some friends and they just kept getting negative “oh this game is dead look at blox fruits bro” like, all of this ““logic”” and negative lenses makes me wonder why im even friends with them now

further context: one friend im introducing to the game but got bored at the redwake part, the other played longer and just kept complaining and complaining over and over

i wanted to try and make em have fun in other games but ig it didnt work out in the end (especially in the story part) holy shit honestly

The only thing I can say about the story that’s really “not that good” when it comes to it being a roblox game is maybe that the dialogue can feel a bit cheesy at times, and characters haven’t been developed much (specifically bosses since we killed the majority of them in our first encounter with them).

Otherwise, the story itself including gameplay wise isn’t bad at all aside from the 20 level intervals of no story (which one could argue encourages you to explore a bit and actually do things on your own).