Arcane Odyssey - Day and Night Cycles

Night cycles are far too long and I can’t see nothing nor feeling like sailing, navigating, etc. during the night. I don’t think there is anything enjoyable about all the lack of visibility you get during Night time and just how long night is as well. Find myself sitting on an island after dying and respawning just waiting for it to turn day because there are no landmarks around the sea, your vision is so close, and you don’t feel like staring at the map page for a few minutes every time you spawn. Think it would be awesome if the Day cycle lasted a good while, maybe 20 or 30 minutes and then night cycle lasted 5 or 10 minutes at most.

< – LOOKS ALL BORING AND CONTENTLESS AND I DON’T WANT TO DO THE MATH TO FIGURE OUT WHERE STUFF IS ONLY TO DIE AND RESPAWN TO HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. WELP, LOOKS LIKE I’M WAITING THE 10 MINUTES AWAY ON YOUTUBE.

A BIT OF DOWNTIME WOULD BE GOOD AND I THINK NIGHT TIME IS JUST THAT, I JUST DON’T WANT 10 OR MORE MINUTES OF IT LIKE A 1-1 WITH DAYTIME. I WANT A LIKE 3-1 , 3 BEING DAYTIME.

4 Likes

kid named lanterns:

3 Likes

use your compass to figure out which way to go to reach your destination, don’t need even need to use the map while sailing then

3 Likes

I use quest track as a waypoint, so i know where i am going. I do cargo delivery at night and ship battle in day time.

2 Likes

Im actually getting mad that people don’t even use the compasses or even the player marker
Seriously… USE THE MAP AND YOUR COMPASS

2 Likes

I am fine without a player maker. I am just give a tip to those who have a hard time reading the map and getting the direction right.

people like you are the reason why vetex added a player marker, and oh my god use the compass

tutorial on compass:

1 Like

"doing math is a major overstatement just orient yourself to north and use like 2% of your brain to figure out how to you a compass and how far directionally you need to go, either that or just use the MARKED compass on your map to

saying there are no landmarks on the sea is funny because you spawn on the only landmark you need with a rudimentary ability to us a compass

I would’ve agreed with you.

But they recently did add a player marker to the map. Meaning… Even if it’s night time and foggy, you can still navigate the sea just by opening the map and making sure you’re headed the right way.

The game has a working compass too. I know some people struggle with using a compass, whether they never used one before or aren’t familiar with it. And that’s fine, I’m not gonna be a toxic smartass and make fun of you for it. But still, that compass alongside the map is really all you need to navigate the sea regardless of the time of day.

I suggest getting used to using that compass, it’s honestly not that difficult to get used to once you understand how it works. The red arrow always points north, the silver arrow always points south, the very top of the compass (12:00) is the direction you’re facing. So, if you want to go north, line up the red arrow so it’s facing the top of the compass. If you want to go south, line up the silver arrow so it’s facing the top. If you want to go east or west, same thing but have the arrows point to the side.

2 Likes

GPO players must love the navigation in AO, you got a map and a compass without needing to go to the wiki? Not only that but you got a player marker on the map? Just too easy

you should try using the map to your advantage,especially knowing they added a marker to know where you are.If you bump into an iceberg tho that’s on you

Ngl Night is good cause I can fish for night fish also its not that hard to navigate we legit have a map and compass

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.