Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes

I’m pretty sure one of AO’s entire shticks is how our choices as players affect the story.

Killing/sparing Elius comes to mind here.

Progression gates, in my eyes, go completely against this aspect. While I get that lorewise we have enough time to do every quest in the game, it could just be edited in a way where the date would change depending on how much time we spend on an arc before moving onto the next one.

Like, if this doesn’t make sense, think about it this way, you know how shura is recommended to be fought at level 9-10? that’s how every chapter should be that’s higher level than you are.

1 Like

Water and acid are probably the worst looking magics visually

You have 10 days to live.

5 Likes

I’m on myself but it looks pretty ass ngl :sob:

…No, Im pretty sure the date is set in stone. Both my first and second file describe the same dates iirc? Ill update you on that one, pretty sure theyre the same. And I took a longer time on my second file

Also I realized that doing all quests on Redwake adds to lv 10, so I guess thats why its recommended as that

I… literally just explained how this can be edited to be more friendly towards people who want to speedrun the game or play it at a faster pace and increase the overall difficulty.

I can’t speak for acid, but the water energy charge animation looks cool.

Mage is boring af.
Like pressing the same button and just being mundane blast or stuff similar to that, I don’t like it.

I prefer playing as Conjurer/Warlock where at least I can switch up

I have to agree for this, sometimes less option is better.

Yeah, I wish Carina serves more character than just a roadblock for us.

It does look cool but I feel like it could look better yk

You failed your own assignment. This is not a hot take. EVERYONE AGREES

1 Like

Praying vetex changes the block key when he drops the rest of the update

He’s said in the past on discord that he won’t

Ah, sorry, misinterpreted that one. But yeah, would make sense. Though, seems like Vetex planned the whole pacing already since AO’s set for three years, idk how he would make it flexible. Story seems to be mostly fixed except for some few choices, the main one only affecting Carina. Theres a lot the player has no choice on in story

He better give us the option at least bru that’s the one thing that gets me about pvp

You know what? I’ve brought up this hot take before, but I’m bringing it back.

Parrying as a system in AO is just obnoxious and redundant at best.

1 Like

From what I heard of my friend, Vetex doesn’t like people speed running AO… Not sure why is that or where my friend got that info from, but it is something to be considered.

1 Like

And god… why are NPCs even allowed to parry and block whenever…?

At the VERY least they shouldn’t be able to block / parry WHILE ATTACKING. Seriously, Carina may as well just double her Health Bar because she blocks ALMOST EVERYTHING.

4 Likes

From what Ive seen Vetex say abt the progression and exploration, I think thats pretty clear. He doesnt want players to rush at all. He wants players to take their time and actually do activities, touch grass or whaterver. Honestly, it does feel like my enjoyment increased when I tried it. He just wants you to do everything one island or a few before you progress any further.

And when I say everything, I mean everything, as much as possible for your level. Though would recommend doing them during level gaps (between chapters)

It is kinda annoying when you have 24 different slots including in your alt and want to max level them all. let alone make an optimized build. (tbh not many people are like that)

But I understand where Vetex came from.

1 Like

Hmm, yeah, but I personally dont mind overpreparing since I know I have serious skill issue lmao
(1 full hour on Elius man :sob:)

1 Like