Arcane Odyssey QnA

question from my brother:
Is the auction house still planned?

• will ultimate arts have special effects (like a zoom-in) other than just being a larger version of the base spell?
  • will magic charging affect anything (like scarf rippling or setting things on fire)
  • will there be more face animations?

Will Suggestions ever re-open idk why it closed other than WoM going into rework into AO

when is #guilds:guild-recruitment coming back

It was closed cause people were making suggestions about a game they haven’t even played it’ll be reopened after paid access ends

Hope this person isn’t too late

What is the relationship between the kingdoms and various factions in the War Seas?

How will artisan weapons be different from normal ones?

will we be able to know what happend in old sea? Maybe ancient language will help?

1 Like

machine gun crossbows lol

also im not sure if questions will be answered anymore since they already did most of it

Will there be a metal variant of the wooden clubs such as a bat or a baton?

yeowch

i mean theres the morningstar/mace but not quite the same

will the story have one ending, multiple endings or one ending but with variations ( Morden dies in one while alive in another, for example ) ?

1 Like

can you on the fly swap between navy to pirate vice versa or can you only commit to one?

Wait the video is allready posted ?

no, but they’ve already got all the questions for it done i think

70 questions — I’m not coming up with anymore.

8 Likes

This may be a repeat but I’m not reading all of these questions ngl so I’ll just state some.

1. What exactly are spirit weapons? Are they findable weapons that you can use and upgrade or are they how like how you have to learn a fighting style before you can upgrade it and learn new skills? Is the only thing that makes them distinct is the abilities that the weapons come with?

2. From a developing standpoint how easy is it going to be creating visuals and adjusting the stats for lost spells? You’re going to have to do it 20 times per magic…I’m not sure how the process is and if you’ll have to start from stretch or if you can reuse visuals already made.

3. Fighting techniques on release or no? Fighting styles already seem distinct so they don’t need lost techniques for variety like magics do, but I’m just curious.

4. Lost Magics aren’t coming for a long time and Ancient Magics won’t be coming either. Unless you’re able to replace magics somehow, Mages are going to have to decide on keeping a slot open for the future in case they want an ancient magic and will have to sacrifice owning a second lost magic and hybrid magic builds might have to hold off altogether until ancient magics release to aim for the one they want. It’s possible that all ancient magics or lost magics won’t be added at the same time so we’re also going to have to consider that. I know it breaks the lore but is there going to be an answer to this or are we just going to have to deal with it?

5. I know Vetex is a fan of many of the AC games. Will there be unique quest that force you to talk to NPCs and inspect the environment to fully solve the quest? One of the things that sets apart your vision is focusing more on world building and exploration than just pvp.

6. How tough is it going to be to play solo? (Fighting bosses, fighting clans, and exploring the dark)

7. Do you ever worry that 2 years down the line when you have to focus on balancing around 40+ magics + lost and ancient techniques, many weapons and fighting styles, as well as integrating them with each other for magic fighting styles, weapons infused with magic and fighting styles being infused with weapons that the scope of the game is just going to get bigger and bigger? A biweekly schedule looks tough even if it’s just going to be adding small quest or adding a few weapons and lost magics/techniques, especially since bigger dev teams seem less ambitious than you and it takes them awhile to put out smaller updates.

8. Will spirit weapons have synergy like how the other categories have synergies for their awakenings? Maybe to keep it simple, certain hybrids get a few exclusive weapons/skills to use…

Well we already have aura spell for magic builds and magic leap as well, there are some weapon skills that function as a high jump and there will eventually be instrument weapons that provide buffs

Vetex said 3-4 fighting styles including base combat on release. And there will not be lost fighting styles