Arcane Odyssey QnA

Will there be or already implemented a grid system for easier/more consistent clan building?

i like how many questions here could be answered by looking at the trello for 5 minutes

6 Likes

stuff may change so it’s better to ask

for your first question it has been like that for the longest time, and the second question was kinda answered in vetex’s original tgr post
and there hasn’t been any mention of new things for character customization on the trello

now shut up and stop arguing and ask questions please and thank you

1 Like
  1. Many fighting styles are said to have certain effects at higher levels (such as thermofist applying burning, sailor fist applying soaked, boxing having wind-like effects, etc). Around what level will these effects start becoming apparent? Will we have them by the first or second awakenings, or after that?

2. Thoughts on removing self-synergy debuffs, so that players don’t get punished for not going an “optimal” magic combination?

3. At around level 100, every build starts using energy and also gains passive energy regen. Will charging still be a feature, and will every build (even non-magic builds) have access to it?

4. With sensing coming, will there be some type of counter-measure against it (for example, magic cloaking)? Although, the power slider function could probably be tied into this as well.

5. Are the magic accessories such as Tomes, wands, crystal balls etc still planned? If so, has their use been thought of yet?

6. Will arcanium weapons’ magic be similar to arcanium cannons, in the sense that one magic is permanently fused into the weapon even if you trade the weapon away? Or will the arcanium weapon’s magic reflect the magic of the user and be changeable?

7. With the cooking skill having 5 tiers that a regular player can reach, what kinds of advantages will a player with the chef profession have with cooking?

5 Likes

Will there be any way to avoid pvp? Now that theres assasination quest planned you cant just be positive rep to not be hunted down

3 Likes

ur mean

2 Likes

okay serious question:

how many new variants of magic if any?

-the dude who posts 400 replies discussing the tiniest things

i will take my leave from this topic now bye bye

2 Likes

what kinda visual style are you going for / what inspired it.

what kind of story do you plan for AO?

Will there be “linear” and “open” islands? (linear islands have an intended route, while open islands usually don’t)

will the Grand Navy have its own “respect” (like the AG in AR/AA idk i wasnt an ag) and ranks based off it? (and will the ranks have unique vanity)

will there be benefits for being a negative rep? (since you also need to worry about the GN and bounty hunters)

and do you plan on adding more unique casting animations?

1 Like
  1. Would you consider adding the 4th skill on release for good quality weapons that exist currently because people would actually be able to use it.
  2. how would you make arcanium weapons be decent for both mages and warriors? also how many spells would arcanium weapons be able to cast.

-What specifics did you all have in mind when you were coming up with ideas for environments and their atmospheres? (Aside from “pirates” and “magic,” If you can even answer that without giving away major spoilers)
-Did a lot of thought go into the music? Specifically during rendered cutscenes?
-In the future, do you plan to get artists in this community more involved?

1 Like

exactly what rare items or boss drops will replace minotaur and exiled drops?

And will there be a shadowfire type magic?

With those two testers demoted, will there be more tester applications to fill those roles in if needed? Or do you have people in mind already?

1 Like
I dont wanna argue and flood the topic so i'll say everything here

I remember seeing on trello vetex change the name of The Bronze Sea to The Southern Sea, but pretty much all of the people here still call it Bronze Sea so I just wanted to make sure and ask vetex.
Original TGR topic was almost 2 years ago and Vetex’s plans on updating once in two weeks could’ve change

how will ships be purchased/obtained in AO? like is it with a lot of money or do you get a boat for free somehow

you get a free rowboat from morden I believe

Other way around, the southern sea was renamed to the bronze sea

jesus christ morden has a lot of rowboats then