Arcane Odyssey Tips for New Players

This is a small list of tips and tricks that I learned from playing AO and I figured I should share them with everyone to help out the unaware or new players. This isn’t a guide for experienced players or PVP. Just filled with some stuff that I thought was neat or worked out well for me.

1. Breaking pots gives you free galleons. Small pots give around 1 to 2 galleons while large ones give around 3 to 4 galleons. Although sometime they do bug out and either not break or do not drop anything. Nevertheless, be sure to break these wherever you go, just be weary if they are near by houses as you will lose fame if you damage them. (Does not apply to bad reps.)

2. Breaking rocks will also drop items. These can range from simple rock salt to literal diamonds. If you see one destroy it with either your magic or heavy weapons (Greataxe, GreatHammer) if warrior.

3. When treasure chart hunting, be sure to factor in the ENTIRE ISLAND. This includes spires, like the ones around Shell Island, To smaller islands like the one southeast of Ravenna.

4. When sinking player ships its often a better idea to flee immediately and let them drown with the ship. This way you don’t have to deal with said player boarding your ship and attacking you. (If they don’t try to dodge dash on to your ship first). This doesnt work for NPC ships.

5. If you join the Grand Navy or the Assassins Syndicate you wont be able to damage related NPCs or Ships. However, the NPC ships can still harm your ship by either accidentally ramming you or firing at you if you are in the way of another target. This is something too watch out for if you are in a naval battle and a ally NPC ship tries to help.

That’s all I got for now. Feel free to comment your own discoveries or the like.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.