Arcane Odyssey Track: The Dark Sea

I’ve had this track sitting around for a while, and now I finally found the energy to finish it! This track is inspired by the upcoming Dark Sea update, and I definitely tried to go for a creepy vibe. Let me know your thoughts, and be sure to give constructive feedback!

https://soundcloud.com/79ZHJTifQNJmL5sBA

12 Likes

This is really good.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I can’t be too judgmental, as I can’t make music of my own. Overall, this is a really great theme.

I do have one thing though. I can completely understand your intention of a Dark Sea theme. I personally don’t really think it would be suitable for a sailing theme. This can most definitely be used in a trailer for a suspense drama, or used on an island.

But take it with a grain of salt, for I can’t compose music. But other than that, great job!

2 Likes

This is a really good horror themed soundtrack, but to be honest it isn’t too fitting for a sea vibe. If you could find some less modern sounding sounds to recreate this with, maybe taking inspiration from the current ao themes, or even make a more backgroundish version of the title screen soundtrack. Also, if you could add in a siren choir like that one scene from black panther 2, that would make this sound insanely professional. I don’t know how to go about that though.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Capture

1 Like

Thank you, I genuinely appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for the feedback! I just looked up the siren’s choir and agree that something like that really would’ve added to the song. I’ll keep it in mind for the future!

If this is meant to evoke the feeling of entering a stormy place where you constantly hear bellows of things you know never of, then it does the job well.

1 Like

Haha, that’s all that I can hope for, thanks

This music sounds very Fantastic Frontier.
It is nice.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thanks

1 Like

Holy moly this is awesome work! Really evokes the fear into the hearts. I can imagine entering some type of temple and then suddenly encountering some type of phantom-like boss and this plays.
Anyways, I loved this alot!

1 Like

I think the intro should loop in the closer dark sea ranges and as you get further out the later parts start playing to increase the tension and show that it is more dangerous.

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Yeah, that’s kinda what I was picturing

Honestly it sounds awesome, I personally don’t think it would fit to be in-game, however in a game like Fantastic Frontier I definitely see it fitting

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!