Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Scalded has the same interactions as fire’s burning

(Seared is scalded’s previous name)

Why is the option to change block from the G key to the F key not considered high priority? It’s one of the biggest complaints I’ve heard from players trying to get into the game.

1 Like

Nice to see a small earth nerf in the doc. Only waiting for metal’s turn. An easy one is increasing the 5% bleed threshold to 33% (like earth) because that’s almost guaranteed since its heavy (applies to wood as well).

Still heavily opposed to this change, though at bare minimum I guess it’s nice that it won’t be present outside of combat. Stacking HP is not a part of the meta. Defense is not a highly prioritized stat when it comes to armor and accessories, with most players going no higher than 1300 HP, where health regeneration over the baseline is near-negligible. The Hard enchant is one of the least popular enchants in the game. Vitality hybrids are in the gutter.

The tangible benefits of Vitality are increased HP, and, as a result, increased HP regen. In exchange for these meager upsides, you receive decreased damage, you are stuck at a lower tier, you lose maximum energy, and you lose access to other options, as investing into Vitality unlocks nothing as it stands. You are now going to take away the only benefit Vitality possesses aside from its increase in base HP, which is not particularly impressive.

HP regen, outside of cases where it is abused by runners, is entirely a non-issue. So I ask again, why is this being considered? Why would you look to nerf Vitality when its current state is already pitiful?

Testers clearly have an anti-vitality agenda and we need to get to the bottom of what vitality demon traumatized them in the Test Universe to the point they want to slaughter vitality builds like this lol

1 Like

Must be him

Ok yea you’re a tank but

1. You don’t have as many skills
  2. You have lower tiers of magic
  3. You have an innate damage NERF just for specing into vitality
  4. You have less energy (why is this a thing)

I’m really hoping spirit weapons are cracked cuz vitality builds are getting the short end of the stick right now in more ways than one.

That’s genuinely what it has to be. From the damage decrease, to the energy decrease, to the tier decreases, and now the removal of HP-based health regen, the amount of random and completely illogical shackles and nerfs thrown onto Vitality builds makes me think that surely something traumatized Testers before AO dropped regarding Vitality or HP builds, and that bias has carried over to now. There’s genuinely just no logic behind most of the restrictions placed on Vitality, I don’t get why they’re so terrified of making it a viable stat.

1 Like

I’d like to know the reason why this was thought to be a good idea? Intensity Builds itself were already stupidly broke. Have you guys not seen the Max Intensity Ash Builds and everything alike?

To rub the salt in further, you guys decided to not nerf the enchants. Your feeding into things people have been complaining about.

it is, i’ve used it multiple times

SMASH is the one without an ultimate art

you know why i already hate the idea of fighting a vitality build?

imagine someone being mad at you after trying to kill you out of nowhere and failing miserably because this was before everyone knew that pulsar was busted
you dock at ravenna or something and go off to do your own thing, like killing king calvus for the 40th time or something
in the middle of that, you get a notification “Pussyassloser is attacking your Ketch/Caravel!”
ok, you go to find him to make him stop
once you start fighting him, he runs away like a bitch and magically disappears into the buildings
rinse and repeat
now imagine that with 2500-3000 health

I mean everyone can run in this game, it’s really not hard at all. Vitality builds aren’t even the best at it.

They may regen the most, but any class that benefits from wearing the Calvus set gets bonus Agility which is gunna make getting away even easier.

the game has lots of armor stat combinations (hell, even power + atk speed, which doesn’t feel like it should be allowed considering how all the higher damaging magics generally have lower speed), i wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a defense + agility one

hello WarmWater, agility stat user

nvm ig

this won’t be an issue once Observation Hak- I mean Sensing gets added. Only reason running is so prevalent now is because you can literally disappear once you get out of someone’s sight since there’s no efficient way to track someone down

regen just shouldn’t exist in combat at all if you ask me
ESPECIALLY not when you can hop into the water and let yourself sink (half the magics no longer work on you)

that’s good to hear

Regen is not a problem in a fair 1v1, and should bolster the strength of tankier builds by adding to their ability to outlast their opponent. Your complaints about health regeneration seem to be a symptom of your frustration with running.

regen is shit in a 1v1

god I hate it when those 2000 hp mfs regen my damage in 10 seconds

then they do 300 damage