Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Cannon Fist probably

That would hurt my feelings… If it wasn’t true… LOL

At least the obnoxious sound effects can annoy people to death. Also, call me crazy but I kinda like the glass sound effects. It’s an acquired taste LOL

Okay, hear me out. Do we have a striped, black & white shirt in game or something like it?

Just dress yourself as a mimic. LOL

:fr:

you’re kidding right

Basic and Boxing are good options both are gunna be way better with the FS changes especially Boxing , that endlag change is huge for it , Cfist is also good because speed imbues are super good w Cfist (affects projectile speed)

Cannon fist is dogshit for pvp tho :sob:

you said for v1.12 , cfist isnt gunna be dogshit for PvP in v1.12 w airstalling back and all the other buffs its getting

It’s getting a lot of changes

• Re-Add the airstall during throws
    • Change to remove it was suggested last second, harmed CFist unreasonably
  • Shot/Axe-Slash and any future ranged techniques should travel further/faster (40% buff, halved for Shot)
  • All the below changes put a little more focus into skills, but also make landing throws easier (at the cost of throw damage)
    • Base Damage: +20% (10% + extra 10% since Awakening dmg buff being removed)
    • Throw Damage: -5%
    • Throw AoE: +15% (Helps skill floor/skill ceiling)
  • Grapeshot: Reduce spread by 10%
  • Shockwave Smash: Instead of creating a hitbox directly in front of you, you’d throw a cannonball a few meters forward, and the hitbox would originate from the cannonball’s end-location

Still refuse to believe this is out of range but I’ll stop here.

But the issue with glass is… stat balancing? And not one of identity? In that case, I’m glad that we can agree on something at least.
Sounds like the solution is pretty obvious then. Buff Glass’s stats so that it is on par with other magics.

or just give it capped bleedstack , that was honestly its identity in WoM

Ya this would be fine but also boring vs reworking

I’m going to be honest, I’m kinda considering making a boxing file just due to these buffs boxing is going to get.

I would consider using my snow file, since I haven’t invested a single stat point on it yet, but not sure if snow is the best idea for it (was going to make a snow/sailor fist file)

Or give it a stronger version of bleed. An unique DoT to work with normal bleed like all other magics have. Hemorrhage or something. This way you would avoid having to touch Bleed (since a LOT of stuff inflict bleed in the game.

go snow sailor’s , snow boxing is trash , low damage imbue on top of boxing’s low damage w no real other stats to accentuate boxing’s strengths , if you want a blind effect imbue w light / sand instead

Sailor is also getting quite a nice buff so might indeed be a good idea.

Sailor Style:

• Damage: (Compensation for removing Awakening dmg buff + Extra buff)
    • 0% meter: 0.675x → 0.775x
    • 100% meter: 0.775x → 0.925x
  • Seawater no longer drains from Airstep and Focus
  • Hunger drain from bottles: -20 → -12

oh wow okay

but don’t you need like A LOT of cannons for it to work?

Just be rich tbh

you know it would be a nice change (financially) if after a while you’d slowly regain cannon balls, half of what you’d thrown in a battle.

Imagine it like dodgeball and you’re just picking up the mess you made

Giving it a passive that makes it have 30% chance of not using a cannonball does make sense. Small QoL change, but it would make sense.

it’s nice since it kinda acts like a financial cushion so spamming cannonballs isn’t so money draining

also it’s just a neat little feature

maybe as another weird passive, it increases the amount of cannons gained from sailor chests by a little?

also what changes is basic getting :eyes:

edit: bruh it’s just getting a damage boost

I mean Basic isn’t getting any changes on its own, but it benefits heavily from all of the FS changes in general. 10% more damage on all Fighting Styles, 20% damage resistance during Crash, 20% less endlag on Smash, a larger Rushdown hitbox, FS endlag scaling with speed multipliers and Attack Speed, etc. Basic doesn’t really specialize in anything so just being better at everything FS has to offer is nice.