Arcanium changes only when equipped

Arcanium changes only when equipped
effort 4.866666666666666 15 quality 4.933333333333334 15 reasonability 4.95 20

the drip is REAL!!!

Another good way to go about this is making it where, if your doing a vantity equip, you can choose the magic type and color if the magic has different colors, wouldnā€™t change the update too much and there should already be some framework to do this in the game with the dyer NPC unless thoes go off something different than the arcanuim gear.

Iā€™m basically begging Vman to not kill my 52x4 collection at this point

i get that its cool for collectors, but thatd just get hella confusing for stats and, imma be honest, i dont think you should be allowed to wear stuff not even made for your magic. sure, an arcsphere variant is basically a color swap so who cares, but imma feel cheaped out if i see everyone wearing my exclusive armor if they cant even bare using my magic and i fucking despise the traders who will try to make their rarely used magic some kind of exclusivity to get rich
ā€¦not that i think the arcanium armor set is super drippy but definitely more unique than arcsphere and bracelet variants

and you wont be the guy having to explain to 2000+ people that arcsphere stats are based on their magic but not the magic shown but its still called that magic but its not actually that

1 Like

also its weird to see so many people ask for diversity between magics, but the second we get exclusive different stats and appearances for your loadout, they all panic and ask for it to be canceled

1 Like

PLEASE. I LIKE DRIP. I LIKE COLLECTING THINGS. THE CHANGE RUINS BOTH OF THESE.
(body is clear)

1 Like

You would still get a random arcanium type according to your magic when you find an arcanium piece, this change is mainly targeted at allowing trading of other arcanium types for collections or vanity

You can make it so that the extra stats from arcanium items arenā€™t shown unless you actually equip the item to prevent the stat confusion, and t here would be a prompt saying ā€œhey if you try to equip this itā€™s going to become one of your magic types instead of what it already isā€ if you try to equip it into a stat slot

(edit to add all below)

after thinking about this more, you could have it so that arcanium equipment would show what stats are being added by the magic by holding shift to see more details, like you would with the gems inserted in the gear
something like ā€œthis item is attuned to insert X magic type here, giving it extra statsā€ and show what stats it adds in blurb like with the gems, and then if thatā€™s a magic you donā€™t have it would also say ā€œattempting to equip this item will cause its attuned magic to changeā€- the second note would be given again if you try to equip the item to a stat equip slot as a confirmation prompt

keep in mind that equipping the item to a stat slot would still cause the magic in that item to be changed permanently, even if you unequip it later and even with this adjustment

this isnt about stats but vanity

about the forums would prob be site feedback
also this is a good suggestion

as non-magic build i like cool shiny colors over grey
especially once arcanium armor comes out i dont want mine just being grey and stuff

1 Like

I personally would perfer smth like bringing arcanium to a enchanter un-binds it. but this is also good

1 Like

Only thing i wanna suggest is that arcanium ships parts remain the same cus i have a lightning ram from when i was conjurer and i dont want to play conjurer just to keep my existing ram.

Imo arcanium ship parts should change to your magic if they are from another person, arcanium ship parts obtained by you should stay the same since its yours from the beginning (aka if you got arcanium as a magic build with your specific magic and you switch to non magic you should keep the magic imbuement)

itā€™s not like the pocket void you store items with is infused with your magic, AND @Sebastian_Banks AND other players have collected all the arcspheres and bracelet variants and itā€™ll just be a killjoy for all of them AND players that wear bracelets or spheres for VANITY in CASE this decides to get ADDED EVERYONE PUT YOUR GEAR ON YOUR DECKHANDS!!

I want :money_mouth_face:

With the introduction of strength items that can only be equipped by certain fighting style users (or the neutral ones that can be equipped by anyone) Iā€™d like to amend this suggestion with allowing any type to be worn as vanity. It doesnā€™t look like the fighting style equipment changes when you equip it (based on the description in the trello) but rather that you simply cannot equip robes if they donā€™t match your fighting style. Iā€™ll edit the suggestion accordingly

2 Likes

Pretty sure this got in.

Doesnā€™t solve my issues with the stats being exclusive to someoneā€™s magic though, I think thatā€™s kind of crap still

this was two hours away from closing you didnt need to say anything

1 Like

i donā€™t think the stats being exclusive to someoneā€™s magic is bad if the cards are played right

it seemed to be joever for the collectors, but alas, a light from the darkness appeared: trello patch note v1.14.65