Arcanium Lanterns

Arcanium Lanterns https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/4/a/4a5f20ef1f607ffda16eabb680d42465a9769cd9.jpeg
effort 3.818181818181818 11 quality 3.818181818181818 11 reasonability 4.166666666666667 12

make torches a weapon that inflict burning

The current lanterns suck so yes, I would love to have an arcanium lantern that can guide my way.

Bonus points if I can get arcanium lanterns/lamps for my ship too.

1 Like

I genuinely wasn’t thinking of anyone in particular when I said that lol.

I know, but I find it funny that I fit the stereotype so well
well the more I write the better I get so it’s fine to call my ideas trash it helps me make better ones

1 Like

Hey, I remember adding this idea to one of my random suggestions once. It would be really nice QOL if there was a stronger passive light source than the pitiful waist lantern.

This is a bit too much for a waist lantern. I think the arcanium waist lantern should be twice as strong as the current waist lantern passively, and maybe it will become stronger when you are in the dark (so you character isn’t overly saturated and tinted in normal light).

An arcanium torch-like tool should also come with the arcanium waist lantern. This is a stronger torch (maybe 50% more range and brightness) that can be toggled using click to act as a flashlight. And maybe it should have an ability where you can decrease max energy to increase it’s range and brightness by an additional 50% (additive) and keep the torch on passively, even when you switch.

So the rating have never been used “correctly”, with most people just putting blanket 5 or 1 stars on suggestions as a super upvote/downvote basically since their inception, but it’s interesting to see how the terms are still being consistently misinterpreted.

Effort is obvious, but Quality was intended to be “How good/well thought out is the idea, and how well is it presented”, and Reasonability was intended to be “How easy would this suggestion be to implement, relative to its impact”.

I’d personally have named them Presentation, Quality and Scope, but if I wanted that change to happen I should have brought it up 2 years ago.

Anyway, enough off-topic ramblings about how to correctly use the ratings system.
this suggestion is stinky get megadownvoted

Shadow magic users

“I can’t see shit!”

This is a good idea and all, but not all magics glow. You would need a heat base magic (like fire, plasma, or magma.) or light magic for it to be better than regular lighting.

Shadow users malding rn

ice glows brighter than fucking light magic for whatever reason, i dont think it’s a big hurdle

The idea is there, but I honestly don’t think an Arcanium waist-Lantern will be all that good. You have to first consider that not everyone has magic, though it could work like Dodge Reflexes and allow vitality, weapons, or fighting styles to work in magic’s place. However, then it wouldn’t really be Arcanium. Plus, not every magic can feasibly produce light. Ice, water, shadow, wood, metal. The list goes on. Though, I think the point is that your magic changed the color instead of affecting the light. Brighter sources of light would be great, but it’d be greater if lighting was less of a pain overall. Maybe higher-tier lanterns could start giving the Clearsight buff, I think that could be genuinely interesting.

Arcanium Lanterns are cool, but not really feasible in terms of the game.

Alternatively, arcanium lights for your ship. We already get arcanium ship parts and it could look quite cool

sounds cool

Bro wtf is with the 1 stars :skull:

Their magic is white if you read the post

please make the light lanterns give you a flashbang everytime u turn it on

it;ll be funny i think

ngl yeah this was what i thought when reading the title lol

just make them like arcanium cannons them, randomized ( or is it neutral? )

the element magic produce may not, but the energy itself still can

the neutral is the model shown in the picture

I think instead of a dark sea exclusive lantern, the existing light sources that we already have should just be brighter. I also think that “it can light up almost the entirety of Ancient Halls” is waaaay too bright.

It’s not like this is a balance issue - like you say, you can just turn down your graphics to 1 and you don’t need a light source at all. There’s no reason to gatekeep a proper lightsource by putting it in the dark sea.

If you don’t have magic, Arcanium stuff just becomes nothing until traded to someone who does.