Arc's Cartography

The title of this topic most likely confuses you, infact, you’re probably asking “How can a non-tester even attempt to try and map the game?”, Well, I tried to compile random facts stated by Vetex, and all of the Arcane Odyssey leaks, to try and compile some sort of vague concept of what an overhead map of Arcane Odyssey, this topic is basically me explaining how I came to my conclusion. (If you wish to skip all my waffling about how I hypothesised the location of some islands, just scroll to the bottom of the post.)

But anyways, let’s begin, and like any drawing, we started with a blank canvas.

If you couldn’t tell, I coloured it blue to represent the ocean, obviously.

Next, I placed down the first locaton added in AO, that being Dawn Island, I decided to put it in the middle, but this doesn’t mean it’ll be in the center of the map in AO’s release, so don’t look at it that literally.

After doing this, I realised I now had to work out the locations of other islands, specifically, the two next story islands on the sea level, that being, Redwake and Frostmill, so I got to work on analysing the locations of these two islands.

First, I had to work out where east was in the majority of my images, this was very simple, as all I needed was somesort of shadow present, or some sort of glare, like the image above.

This part of my research on the topic really annoyed me, as it made me feel incredibly stupid, but as I looked at this image, I saw that no shadow was present, until I looked at the bottom of a tree, which made me hypothesise that the sun was somewhere to the Right, which would mean Redwake was to the north, so I stuck with it.

Now, I had to work out Frostmill, fortunately, there was an image of Vetex on a boat, which showed both these islands.

I had to take the best guess that the sun was to the right once again, meaning that this boat was roughly facing Dawn Island, resulting in the second (technically the third) iteration of my map.

It now looked like this.

Next I decided to map the next story location, that being Cirrus Island (I actually just mapped “all of the sky shit” in my map, as I wasn’t bothered to map every single “island” in the sky)
For my sources of where I placed the sky islands, I used the following images.

On this, you can see the skyship leaving what looks like Cirrus Island, and Redwake to the east of this.

This image showed Frostmill and cirrus island, that’s really about it.

Now, this is where I have to say, my initial mapping of the sky islands was absolutely dogshit, I placed it in the absolutely wrong place, and I shortly realised this after a few more iterations, but please don’t stop reading after realising my silly mistake.

After looking at these images, I decided to update my map to this;

*I think you can see what I mean by “my silly mistake” here."

The next thing I realised, from a video of Sandfall isle, was that Redwake and Frostmill were in view, this being evident in the following images.

This meant that Sandfall was to the west of Frostmill and was south-ish of Redwake, resulting in my next iteration.

This is now where I realised, after plotting Sandfall, I still had 3 more wilderness islands to plot, that being Palo Town, Elm Island, Limestone Lock/Key, and Goso Jungle.

My next iteration was from an image I had used to map the location of Frostmill and Redwake.

As you can see, directly to the right of the boat is a wilderness island, so I plotted it on the map.

Now, I went back to the skyship image, and saw there was a massive ass long rock by Redwake, so I mapped it according to the sky island’s current location.

I had to move all the islands a bit more downwards on the map to fit the “rock thing?”

This is then where I had the realisation that the sky islands were closer to Redwake, and might’ve been in the space between Redwake and Frostmill, which would mean Frostmill would be more south, as we never see the sky islands towering over it, so I updated the map.

Yes, I know the “rock thing?” is now in the wrong place, but I realise this later.

As the wilderness island I mapped earlier looked like a jungle, I decided that that is Goso Jungle. I also noticed that in the image with a boat, there was another wilderness island to the left of the boat with darker trees, so I mapped that too.

I then decided the Stepstones were most likely in the middle of the sky island cluster. (Little did he know, he fucked that up aswell)

Next is where I realised my G Edward Kenton existed, so I decided to map the wilderness island he was living on, which I assumed was west of Redwake, or somewhat near it, as it was made just after Redwake was finished (I believe).
I’m pretty sure this is where I stopped taking screenshots to back up my evidence - Me looking back at my shitty work

I also moved some stuff around, if you even care about that.

After this, I decided I needed to name this island quick, so, from a bunch of Forum Posts about Edward Kenton, I hypothesised that it was Elm Island, so I put that on the map.

We’re getting close to the point where I don’t have to memorise what I was thinking when I made this, then I can look back and correct everything.

I also named the other wilderness island near Goso, and through some conclusion, I somehow decided it was Limestone Key (or Limestone Lock, I don’t even know the real name).

Whilst reciting everything I was thinking when I made this map, I thought of many corrections to my map, so I decided to make them. After I made those corrections, it was time to check the trello for any adjustments to my map. Quick Disclaimer, I didn’t include Palo Town & Akarsius Keep as I had no screenshots showing their location to some extent.

First off, my placement of “rock thingy?” initially, as it was relative to the position of the Sky Islands (Specifically the Stepstones, I think), so I moved it to the left of Redwake.

I also realised that my depiction of Limestone looked awfully similar to what my depiction of Stepstones was (specifically the trees), so I thought they could be closer together, so I did some more changes, most of which are self explanatory.

Now it’s time to read all of the trello to find anything to do with the map.

Now, I didn’t know who the fuck Enizor was, so I had to do some searching

I then found out he was a Co-Captain NPC.
Apparently he was on Frostmill, meaning Frostmill is either more southwest, Goso is in the wrong place, or Goso is completely wrong, and that wilderness island I saw is actually Palo Town, all of these seemed quite likely, but I settled for Frostmill slightly moving.
At this point I also became aware that Vetex probably shifted alot of the islands around, meaning most of this map is probably wrong, but oh well, I liked doing this.

Basically, after a sequence of events which made me question everything I did up until this point, I ended up with this map.

Now, just because I said a phrase that may start a conclusion, doesn’t mean I have stopped researching this topic, so I continued reading the trello.

This sort of reinforced that maybe Palo Town was the unknown wilderness, as it was sort of near the two other islands I depicted to be Sandfall and Stepstones.
Yes, I am searching the term “island” to find stuff to do with this, I’m that desperate.

I was also wondering what this could’ve been, but I guess I’ll never know.

I also found this, so I plotted Akarsius’ temporary location.

Plot Expansion Moment

This is also when I realised the image of the Unknown Wilderness island was taken before Frostmill and Sandfall were added, meaning it could’ve been Elm Island, I took this into consideration, and made another edit.

This also confused me, but i’ll stick with “Edward Kenton is on Elm Island” for now, as that’s what I’ve seen from various Forum Posts.

I’m no smart ass motherfucker, but I’m pretty sure my “rock thing?” is the giant rift Vetex was talking about, so I renamed it.

Final Result

At this point, I stopped, this took too much time for me to try and make, but I hope you enjoy my hypothetical design of Arcane Odyssey. (I can’t wait for the testers to laugh at me for being incorrect about every single island)
If you read all of this post, and tried to take in all of the dumb shit I said, I thank you for paying attention, must’ve been pretty hard.
If you wanna leave some critisism for my map, feel free to do so.
I also might’ve fucked up my grammar out of being so fucking confused with what I’m thinking.

Do you think my Map is accurate?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Somewhat accurate
  • What is this monstrosity

0 voters

19 Likes

Looks legit

1 Like

lots of evidence backing up your plans so could work.

1 Like

The sun goes either from north to south or south to north, and also the position of most islands have been changed around so some of the pictures are misleading

1 Like

Interesting concept. I like it a lot!

1 Like

I’d say this is mostly accurate as I believe Vetex has said that he moved the islands around a bit. Nothings quite for sure until AO comes out or until someone finds out where exactly Vetex placed islands where

1 Like

Good effort

I barely like that
Seeing your map
all of the islands in AO are gonna be really close to eachother
honestly i would prefer them being a little bit more separated as it looks kinda crampled

Thats just the perspective you see from the map. They are going to be farther away and they are being moved all the time.

1 Like

that’s because this map is pretty much just based off of relative direction, if you look at the images and videos that have been leaked you’ll see they’re plenty far apart.

i would like to ask for a list of all the sources you referenced

Never did I indicate any scaling on this map, you’re saying this assuming that a small distance on that image is relative to a small distance in the game.

I referenced every leak, but tried to only use leaks after this one patch note where vetex stated he rearranged all the islands (somewhere after frostmill’s creation).

I gotta say, that i completely disagree with your map. So be prepared on my take of the map soon >:D
:hungry:

I hope you’re prepared for my upcoming remaster too. >:)
if i ever get around to actually doing it

gl bro

gl to you too

thx

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.