Armor Piercing stat will be a failure

So, what do we have here? A stat that fully demolishes tanky builds and blocking as a mechanic. Barely anyone used block before, only parry-block-dodge mfs and shield/boxing mains (almost 0,1% of all AO players). And with Regeneration stat, high defense also became less valuable, so now it has lost the rest of its usefulness. So Vetex, why making blocking useful when you can just add a balance breaking stat that will delete block’s existence? Both in RFAO and RFAO-but-talking-is-allowed armor piercing received negative feedback, this does mean something for you right? Everyone who thinks like me feel free to unleash all your rants here.

1 Like

defense should have its own mechanic instead of extra health with these changes, and blocking, why blocking? the only thing i can think of on why blocking needs a stat that counters it is pve but the better thing to do is just to fix npcs

I’d rather NPCs just not randomly decide they’re going to parry all my attacks instead of needing a new stat to get around it.

26 Likes

And also parry your attacks in the middle of executing their own attacks

3 Likes

I’d even rather that they don’t randomly decide to m1 you into a stunlock and take away 600-700 health

Also I hope vetex fixes gun npc’s, even level 90 one can chip away your health in a few seconds flat

6 Likes

this sucks

Gotta have to wait until it’s released. It mostly depends on how big the effect is and what armor it’s found on. It’s likely going to end up either useless or overpowered

Yes. Against everyone its useless. Against tanks its overpowered. Tanky builds are much less popular, why vetex decapitating them?

all the uber tanky runner builds run vitality afaik, theres no real point to having an anti-defense stat

This is the double-sided sword of this stat.

On the one hand, there aren’t THAT many super tank builds that running this stat will even be required.

On the other, those who do dedicate their build to being tanky are being PUNISHED for it. Like actively crushed for building the way they want.

the stat would make sense if defense increased damage reduction or something

Except then nothing would end up happening. The armor piercing would do extra damage, and the damage reduction would negate that increase, meaning theres no point to having AP other than stopping the passive damage negation of damage reduction from non-AP stat attacks.

Honestly AP just doesn’t make much sense to exist

1 Like

i mean armor piercing negating some damage reduction :person_facepalming:

it doesnt make sense tho, i’d expect that to be a special attribute on a lost/legendary weapon

Even then, itd make more sense to just lower the extra damage you get from AP, if the only thing it gets bonus damage on is reducing that bonus damage

me when i run a special stat just to negate the enemy’s special stat

This is why ap just doesnt need to be a thing

Ap is just bad

Like if you want extra damage just run more power

“yo vetex i want more damage”
“ok heres a power stat”
“yo vetex i want more hp”
“ok heres a defense stat, also a stat that negates defense”
“bruh”

defense is being buffed by 22% which will hopefully help, but it still doesent feel like enough