Art question: how does one formate their style of art?

Before answering rq, i already know about “learn anatomy bro” or whatever. But i wanna know like how does one combine or create their own certain style, what tools or tactics was used to achieve different styles.

There is a style i do wanna try and learn/pratice about, however it uses two - three different styles combined to make one whole style thats “valid”

(I dont just want “practice” as an answer btw, like how does one actually practice to create and form the style theyre into that many dont use to create their own set of anatomy, detail, shading, etc)

1 Like

just copy a bunch of people’s styles until your own comes into existence.

But like I wanna see something that isnt just “copy” unless there really is much other way
!!!

I dunno. I’m not an artist.

not like you’d have to specify

Take inspiration from the styles that you like and try to replicate it in your art, while you’re doing this take note of what you can replicate well and what you think you can improve.

Personally I’m trying to do something like Apollo’s style but my skills aren’t up the the task clothing or anatomy wise :frcryin:

So I’m practicing anatomy bit by bit at a time, as you can see my characters have gained hands instead of just using a blob

3 Likes

Those who said stuff like that are those who have no idea what they were doing. They basically just let their muscle memory become a habit that is good or bad (which can be good or bad)

Instead of learning anatomy, I suggest you try different types of color palettes, the use of smooth or sharp shapes, and choose thick or thin lineart to want to build your art style.

The way you color and line art your work can make a huge difference in style, so try those and see if that works for you.

2 Likes

From what I know just take bits of other artist that you like and combine em to create a style

Also do style studies by tracing and looking at how they color and shi to understand there art more

2 Likes

Monster Calamity God Slayer Fist

Honestly it’s mostly this:

though that “bunch of other people” is usually a select group of individuals that have an art style you appreciate/like.

you can also get a better understanding of what art style you want via watching youtube tutorials of artists and their pieces.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically what others have said

Find what you like in an artist’s style and try to replicate and put them in your own drawings. You can do art studies of artists you enjoy by observing how they do the lineart, shade, or even how they create that sort of atmosphere to their drawings!

There’s this really cool channel that I like to watch called tppo. He did some really cool art study videos of artists he like, and tries to replicate their style and implement them in his own drawings. In the end, it’s basically a game of observing and implementing!

(Hope this made sense, I just woke up lol)

1 Like

Observe and take.

And do art study’s.

For example:

I really like the way Marikyunn does her lineart.

The simplicity and thicklines on the outside, thin lines on the inside.

I like the way Scott Christian Sava has flowy hair and the white outline on his drawings.

And on and on.

Find art that you like and what do you like about it?

Is it the rendering?
The lineart?
Anatomy?

Art takes time and practice, I by all means are no expert but I like art and experiment a lot.

1 Like

idk i ripped Tarwarn’s ( luv u ) and several other artists’ style

just see what you like in other people style and slowly incorperate it into your own ig

i have no idea but for me, i just wanna make shit so realistic i could fool others i guess

i have a failed attempt at realism

I kinda just doodle and my art style is whatever I feel like doing, lol.