Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea

Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/8/a/8a9796ca93987deaa1cc86f1027827be1ace7003_2_1024x393.png
effort 4.976190476190476 42 quality 4.953488372093023 43 reasonability 4.880952380952381 42

no thanks… i prefer nsfw iris art in deepwoken.

1 Like

peak, W crimsonpants

1 Like

this suggestion makes me want to go back and put all my other 5 star efforts to 1 star.

oh and also I really want treasure charts to be cool and i love lore so win win

1 Like

This idea is absolutely glorious.

It’s just. Amazing. It gives me a reason to get BACK into treasure charts that isn’t trying to obtain the amazing acrimony of stat resets. I love lore, and I love rewards. I fucking love this idea.

Yet another banger from you, Crimsonpants! (I think I’ll call you crimpants to make it easier to remember + type out)

1 Like

I feel like the artifact chests should be restricted to uncommon and higher rarity charts. And only retrieved on the very last dig, or for exotics and legendary you can get them on the 2 before the final chart place.

1 Like

There is one CRUCIAL detail missing in this suggestion.
I want to be able to put these artifacts up around my captain’s quarters.

What is a collection if I can’t show it off?

2 Likes

it’s been brought up that the hover text of weapons and armor fould be an issue for the density of lore, but i would suggest just adding a new page in the menu or something if that sounds like a problem

destiny 2 has a pretty similar way of foreshadowing and storytelling to this and what they have is flavor text and then a screen for the lore

(in this instance you would hold a button to open the lore and scroll)

i’m not suggesting it be done in exactly this way, but giving an example of how the aforementioned hover text issue could be resolved

1 Like

Right right, I spit out a huge amount of text that wouldn’t fit but it was more like a ‘we could use regular items to tell small stories and flesh out the history of kingdoms!’

I just went a bit overboard, but the destiny 2 way fits far better in a flavor text, because my ‘lore dump’ also doesn’t really tell the average player what they are supposed to do with the item.

I still strongly believe in the idea though! Lore! World Expanding!

This is something I thought of! Yet, depeding on the number of collections, this might be too much to ask just yet.

Wow, a feature that will make me actually want to go treasure hunting and not ignore all my treasure charts. This is an amazing suggestion, you really outdid yourself, hope Vetex at least considers this.

1 Like

Lore? LORE? LORE?!

AS A REWARD FOR NON-COMBAT ACTIVITIES?!

Keep cookin, my man, and do not stop.

3 Likes

Honestly, I could see it be a thing where there’s a bunch of shelves, racks, and whatever else around your ship that you can interact with and pick an artifact you own to place at that location.

1 Like

Yeah, but at this stage that much extra work might be extremely unappealing to Vetex. I’ll keep the idea- at its core, as the most simple as it can be, and future additions can come in the chance its actually added.

bro has been cooking for so long he got perfect cooking skill

1 Like

RedLeggings back at it again with another W

The only thing I feel like I could add to this is how it could be used as a great way to earn Arcspheres and other Arcanium items that don’t correlate to one of your Magics. Arcspheres are mainly just visual changes, but stuff like Acid Cannons could fulfill niche uses that Water or Wind Cannons can’t do.

2 Likes

Crimonpants out here giving even more constantly banger suggestions, from the Sea Monster Bounty Board to this, even designing his own UI for the concept. I would love to see this in-game.

1 Like

definitely a ton of quality and effort put into this, i just don’t know how i feel about it being added since i’m a completionist but also a hoarder, i wouldn’t know whether to fill all these out or not

1 Like

If you could put these artifacts up as decoration then who WOULDN’T want to fill it out?
Imagine having this gigantic post-brig ship with shelves and shelves of relics from various places around the war seas and probably some stuff from outside the war seas.

nobody’s telling me that wouldn’t be awesome.
Having a giant pile of gold coins is one thing but priceless artifacts are another!

1 Like

i mean like having to trade in my items to fill out the bits and bobs section

1 Like

oh yea turning the stuff in for the collector is something I’d be very hesitant to do too lol.

1 Like