Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea

Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/8/a/8a9796ca93987deaa1cc86f1027827be1ace7003_2_1024x393.png
effort 4.976190476190476 42 quality 4.953488372093023 43 reasonability 4.880952380952381 42

My inner hoarder is wanting this.

1 Like

Okay, closed the poll up, its decided. I’ll be making a Winterveil Remnants set.

I may also post ‘expansions’ to the idea I’d like to hear peoples opinions on.

Cant wait to see the art for the new set!

ae this is gonna be cool

Got reminded so I’ll post this as I try to plan out the models. The thread might not even live long enough for my to fumble around for the models however.

Idea expansions are additional side content I brainstormed up to be discussed for a potential expansion from the core mechanic in the future- but they should not be factored into the consideration of this idea at its core and whether it should be implemented. Consider them sub-suggestions, something that could come later in the case this idea is added.

To expand on the idea with an additional plan for late-term implementation is Magical Artifacts. You’ll notice in the mockup below that there are now jewel slots on the artifact. And those of you with even more attention to detail may note that it seems to have faded gems already sloted in. Not every artifact has the capability of being turned into a magical artifact, only those that make sense. (For example, the bronze bars in the core idea. It would make no sense to slot jewels into those)

MagicalArtifactMockup

Magical Artifacts allows people to use their jewelcrafting skill to boost the value of the artifacts. They can be slotted with any gem, but certain types of gems are more aesthetically pleasing when paired with a specific artifact, so making a specific jewel is more preferred, and will net greater value. Gem quality also boosts the value of the artifact.

In later-game artifact hunting, there could be more demanding sets, where the artifacts players find USED to be magical, but the magic has waned over time. So you must ‘restore it’ by slotting the right gems before you can turn it into the collection.

7 Likes

this makes it even better
now not only is it replayability but there is the option of the grind
if (when) vetex adds this
vetex should add a “Bronze Sea Archeologist” badge for 100% archeology completion

2 Likes

woohoo even more Bronze Sea ______ titles to collect

im still working on abolitionist :frcryin:

1 Like

I wish we could check influence on gn as other clans

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.