Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea

Artifact Collections ~ A Treasure Chart Revamp Idea https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/8/a/8a9796ca93987deaa1cc86f1027827be1ace7003_2_1024x393.png
effort 4.976190476190476 42 quality 4.953488372093023 43 reasonability 4.880952380952381 42

there’s also a chance he saw the magic dodge suggestion (got fucking slammed) and went “hm. but what if i”

I like the idea of just sort of dicking around finding ancient treasures for weirdos.

1 Like

I think that an artifact relating to Akursius or possibly even the Greenwish Cult would be cool.

Arkurius would probably be something pertaining to Winterveil- its where their home used to be after all. Greenwish I hadn’t thought about, but I’m not sure I know enough about Cerunno or their religion in general to make a convincing set of artifacts. I’ll try to think something up.

1 Like

Cool idea, needs more votes

1 Like

Yes, this is a great feature. My favorite part of AO is the lore, and having a reason beyond money to do treasure charts? Brilliant. Also are those Hollowknight influences I smell. I mean it fairly different but the lore through exploration reminded me of it.

1 Like

Nope! I mostly did this from cooking it in my own head and thinking about other games with collectible systems and which ones would likely fit AO best before puttin’ this all together. Of course if it was a future purely I would want, we’d be able to turn our captains cabin into a floating museum filled with old treasures, but that’s a bit much to ask of Vetex.

Finally, some use for treasure charts! Legendary ones, especially, feel so underwhelming when you could be spending all that time farming underwater structures or pirates for thrice the reward.

1 Like

A primal fear entered my body when I read the word “Artifacts”, thank god it’s actual historical artifacts. Cool shit.

1 Like

great idea it cool and hoard stuf awesoem/11!!!

1 Like

Adds to the PvE content without fucking over PvPers, encourages players to use treasure charts in return for rewards, is a fun way to add new content, doesn’t clutter up the game with random shit.

Bravo Vince, you cooked up an entire feast. Adding a title for completing all collections is the only thing i’d like to add.

1 Like

also vetex please read this (putting quality rating here because it just didn’t put it in my first comment lol)

1 Like

Okay, I think I have the motivation needed to make more models for this idea. I have a few plans for some sets of 2-4 models to make new ‘artifacts’, gonna leave a poll here to see what sounds best to people.

Also! I added high res images of four of the models to the main idea post, in case you wanted to see Crimsoncreates models in all their glory. (Oh and the sash I made I guess)

• Redwake Artifact Set
  • Cult of Greenwish Artifact Set
  • WInterveil Remnants Artifact Set
  • Monoah People Artifact Set

0 voters

I hope you can see I have plenty of ideas of artifacts, and there is a lot of factions- big and small, you can use these to expand upon.

If you wanna know what models I would do for a set click here

Redwakes set will probably be easiest for me. It would be an assortment of jewlery made from sharks. Mayyybeee a fish trophy? (Something like taxidermy of a very odd fish, but I’d have to read articles on taxidermy to see if that would even fit AOs historic setting)

Cult of Greenwish I am not 100% on, I’d probably incorporate more jewlery and natural things like clay pots & woven baskets.

Winterveil remnants would be a set of discarded everyday items from Winterveil survivors. Pendants, idols, swords- anything the new ruler of the bronze sea could use to identify them. This set would probably carry a sinister undertone as we tell the story of regular people fleeing their homes after a homicidal mad tyrant destroyed their nation.

Monoah People set would probably pertain to wood carvings of totemist icons, like a wood carved boar. We know the people of Shell Island prefer to hunt land creatures rather then fish at sea- so their cultural artifacts would reflect this.

(Forgot to say, I’ll close this in a day or so)

Greenwich artifacts could probably include un-cut green gems and prayer beads maybe? They seem to all have green shards on the end of their staves and follow a cult atmosphere. Other than that you could have burnt ashes, forgotten robes, or Totems

1 Like

no one wants redwake artifacts (I would be pensive but winterveil seems like my favorite. being heavily tied into AO lore)

1 Like

The problem is though, where would you dig at Redwake? The main island doesn’t seem to have much grass so you’d either have to go to shura’s place or the bandit camp

1 Like

Oh! I should mention that these artifacts would be found across the seas. As I tried to say many of them are things of cultural or historical significance that were stolen, sold or somehow ended up in someones treasure collection. I don’t know if island-specific loot from artifact chests would even be possible for vetex- or necessary.

It could be done through different types of artifact chests.
IE: Dark Artifact Chest, Bronze Artifact Chest, Deep Sea Bronze Artifact Chest
(better name needed), and so on to specify different areas and different loot pools.

1 Like

Thats a lot of chests with very small loot pools, when you could simply have a few chests with much larger loot pools. Keeps things cleaner that way- and also counters the problem. I don’t want people throwing charts into the trash because they aren’t a specific kind- I want to make the charts overall more appealing.

oh yea that’s why I kept those three so vague lol.

One type with artifacts exclusive to the dark sea
One type with artifacts exclusive to the bronze sea
One type with artifacts exclusive underwater in the bronze sea.

Having them separated by island would be way way too much though lol.

1 Like