[AS] What's left: Nothing matters

“Stop right here weak foe! This story might contains shocking content for unaware readers!”

My surroundings are nothing but corrupted water and waves raging in an inferno of violence. I however dock my ship close to this large isle that I have seen for many miles. My shoulders are hunched under the weight of grief and pain, but I walk on. I walk anyway.
I take my first step on solid ground as I reach the shore. In spite of my envy to be dry, the incessant rain turns sand and dirt into a grey muddy soup that my feet get stuck in. All of this is depressing; my hope, my joy, even my will to live had faded away and only the clouded memory of those I’ve lost rest in my thoughts.
My love, my wife, who stayed by my side even at the end of the world, was the first to fall. The only remnant of her existence is with me, in my pocket. As I feel tears rolling down my face, I pick it up to calm myself. At least, I can breathe freely now, nothing disturbs me now except the slight rotten smell of her finger which I put on my cheek. Then I think of Andrew. My best friend, a brotherly bond I had with him. I’m not quite sure what happened to him, but I know we’ll never meet again. Our destinies have been separated. “Like his upper limbs, separated from his torso” I think to myself. And I laugh.
Finally, I reach the trustworthy stone that forms the ground of the island. It seems to me that a silhouette is standing on the horizon but nothing matters, I leisurely sit down on a scorched tree trunk. It seems harder and harder to focus on my mind as the pain in my heart is growing. I’m also thinking of my crew : a body of honourable seafarers ready for any duty I would give them.

All dead

The voice in my head keeps repeating these two words. I nevertheless believe it’s not the insanity brought by the dark sea that unhinged me. It is… something deeper, my… pain? Only sorrow is known to me now. Ignoring my thoughts, I end up lying on the fresh grass. Or is it just wet? I then put a blade of this grass in my mouth but strangely, it tastes like blood.
Looking at the sky, I think. People used to call this place “Elm Island”. Sadly, there are no people left in this lowly world. But it doesn’t matter.
Suddenly, I hear a rustling coming from behind. I has came here consciously and therefore close my eyes, knowing what to do. A spongy sound of pulpy footsteps is approaching me. All my senses are crying out for me to leave, to flee and never come back but I tighten my grip on my own chest and take a long breath. For years I have never felt relieved. But the warm air caressing my hair makes me smile. When I open my eyes, I see a huge warped shell looking back at me. I smile even more, the air has a smell of seafood now.

Food

“Am I food?” is one of my last thoughts as I’m torn apart by the monster. My lungs are shredded and I feel the sweet flow of my blood in my guts but an ultimately faint smile appears on my face. Because I was all alone and of what’s left, nothing matters.

~DA FUCKING END MA BOOOI~

Hi! Hope you enjoyed reading this (if anyone does ;-;). I found out about the whole AU recently and wanted to write a chill story about it without having to think about the lore (which is rlly great but also big).
I’m not a native speaker tho (as you may have realized) and I don’t have a proofreader :')
So yeah, thanks to the guy who thought of the AU first, he cooked fr.
Oh and I think I already did a post but I missclicked before finishing so here the good one.

1 Like

Same to you!

So much emotion in a such a short story, really hit hard when describing the mc’s wife and best friend, like DAMN did some of those lines hit hard.

Ty for making something for this silly little horrific AU :hugs:

1 Like