Atlantean ships

whats the best way to lose a ship because they do so much damage and if one spawns that = go home now and dont stop
kinda ruins the experience, also lose alot of loot

The best way to lose a ship is make it ram into an island and hope it gets stuck
Always use invisibility potions before getting in chase with them

Or best BEST way:
Destroy their ketch/brig, it’s easy.
If you run as well you’re just draining more health, if you destroy them you can re-tain all that HP back if you’re careful of your moves. Most likely you’ll drain if you’re clueless, careless, and unprepared.

1 Like

Lets summarize the question in one sentence

If they see you, they’ll not stop to chase you until you get out of the Dark Sea

1 Like

alr might try that

some of these ships have 15k health so i dont really like to fight with those because even if i do beat it my ship is now almost dead

Howitzer + chainshots.
No sugarcoating.

that sucks

I suggest keeping your boat on the move and ramming them from behind, after that you just time your cannons right and then shoot them with the hard explosive cannonballs while keeping your ship moving.

I also suggest hopping off the brig immediately after hearing the atlanntian brigs cannonball charge up since if it hits the boat, you could be a goner, 1600 gone in an instant

1 Like

How much health does your ship have.
I know speed is good in combat too but the health might be the reason why you are struggling

ive got 22k health and 98 speed lol, im just not good with ship fighting

got it

Oh yeah you can just aggro the whole crew immediately, even if it’s risky and forfeits sealed chests it could be worth it

One time, me and some friends thought that we lose a brig that was chasing us.

30 MINUTES later we saw the same brig (we knew it was the same)

1 Like

Peak solution: join them :trophy:

I gotta get me some free sealed chests though :fire:

The fire arrow rain + silent blades combo goes HARD

1 Like

Me puking snow onto all of them (it means I get free sealed chests)

1 Like

Ok that is a decent amount of health and considerably more speed than mine, so it isn’t stats that are letting you down.

My main way of fighting ships is to either ram and fire a volley before backing off and trying again. Or the alternative, which is to sit right next to them and open fire, since I only know of one person with a tankier brig than mine.

Your ship stats could allow either of these strategies to work probably, especially if you include a mortar

1 Like

Genuinely though I think in a situation if you’re scared of getting ur ship sunken rather than the atlanteans yourself, you could like try to attack and aggro them before your ship gets damaged. You’ll get some of the chests on board as well once you kill them, just no sealeds. Though, sinking them will also provide your ship with health. From there you might as well fight the crew on board to get the full loot, but you could also leave them alone if you’re unsure if you can take them on, or if you’d like to be safe rather than sorry at the cost of a few sealeds.

1 Like

Here is a very confusing image spets on how to defeat a brig

Colors:
Orange is ram
Blue is your brig
Grey on blue ship in cannons

And the purple thing is the brig
So you basically first step:

1. Want to ram them from behind

2. Go towards the left or right direction of the ship and time the cannonballs immediately while you keep moving

3. Circling around the ship as it’s too slowed down to move and then come at it again from behind, after doing that, this time you do the opposite direction of where you wanted to circle the ship

then repeat
gg.

love that diagram tbh, wallpaper material

Just destroy their ship. They’re honestly not that difficult. If you’ve got a Brig with decent armor and cannons, you should have no trouble winning a 1v1 with the enemy ship. The crew is harder to deal with, but I’m solely talking about the ship here. The ships are easy.

I usually use a hit and run type strategy. Ram directly into the enemy Brig, preferably into their rear side where there are no cannons. You’ll do a ton of initial damage with ramming speed. The moment you finish ramming, starting turning your ship to the left or right and time your cannons to fire the moment you get alongside the enemy ship. Then when your cannons fire, immediately steer away from the enemy ship so you don’t get hit by their cannons. Then you simply retreat, reposition, and do the same thing again. Ram them, broadside them, run. You can also fire your siege weapons while you’re retreating to keep damaging them.