Attempt at animation

this makes me wanna make a 4 or 6 armed and legged stand

trails sound cool

Just hold a shield up to the arms

after defeating mr white, green man can now practice sword fighting in peace

also i want to try doing gun animations now, wonder how that’ll go since it was a mess last time i tried it

2 Likes

i believe in
:light_magic_var1: green supremacy :light_magic_var1:

1 Like

introducing mr red, he’s here to teach us how to blow off one’s brain

also the reason why the file name is called “swordswing” long story short stuff happened and i selected the wrong file :fr:

4 Likes

Green Screen Man enters knighthood

1 Like

Its Shock all over again

Wonder if anybody has any idea what I’m talking about.

1 Like

torso rotation, trust me. rotating the torso will make all your animation look 200x better, especially if you exaggerate it.

here, let me show you an example with an animation i made a while ago

i completely exaggerate the torso movement here, the character’s entire body is facing away from where the character’s head is actually facing, which gives it the impression that the arm movement has a lot more “impact” if you could call it that.

also leaning. rotate your character’s torso back and fourth to replicate force

you can see here i lean the character’s entire body forward to replicate all the force thats implied pushing this barrel forward

basically, this is my biggest tip: exagerrated, torso movement (moving the torso usually moves the entire body thats why i suggest this)

slightly more advanced tip

in the future of your making animations, you’re gonna want to sync up other sorts movement with the body. what i mean is also shown in the video

while the character’s body is rotating to face forward, i matched up the right leg as you can see to make it look like they’re actually rotating their body properly, with correct body movements. this is actually a lot harder to pull off than you might think, so don’t try too hard on doing this.

also this animation is based off of a certain game. whoever guesses it first gets a heart

3 Likes

As for the gun animation, gun recoil doesn’t work like that. Well, it does, but not handgun recoil. Handguns, or any guns that don’t rely on a stock would recoil upwards.

If it was a rifle, the gun would then be kicking back the way the current animation is shown here

1 Like

Oh shit, I needed this right here.

thanks! very nice tip

i did realise the importance of exaggerating torse rotation, but never implemented it fully into my animations

i know absolutely nothing about guns :frpensive:

i just assumed it worked like that and didn’t think twice

ihatemyboss

back again
this time with walking animations

look this guy is a zombie
zombie

look this guy is running from the zombie
runningfromresponsibilities

also i’ve decided to experiment with ease both options and it turned out really smooth and organic-like

1 Like

yolo

first time using gyazo btw, seems like a pretty handy tool, not sure why many would hate it though
it’s way more convenient in terms of recording a gif, and not butchering quality in the process

1 Like

“suicide is badass !”

100 ways to die
1: be an idiot