Axe throw rework idea?

So.

Axe throw.

arguably one of the laziest, weakest, and just overall unviable moves in the game as far as it goes with the weapon class.

but why does it have to be this way? what if there was a way to make it slightly better? more usable and fun?

I had an idea the other evening and I wanted to share it with y’all

it’s pretty simple, but what if axe throw worked a lot more like a detonate-on-impact grenade almost? with the added gimmick of the axe’s hitbox dealing a lot of damage if it connects, whereas the radius around the axe’s explosion deals less but can be landed far easier.

if this was on greataxes or the halberd then I think this might be hella fun to use

3 Likes

Might as well add bombs at this point

1 Like

make it work like this instead:
HITMAN 2 Suitcase on Make a GIF

1 Like

New Warrior 2nd Awakening: All projectiles are now homing projectiles

hop off my goat

i hit people at least twice with it ( out of the 20 times or so i used it in total )

maybe the detonate thing should only work after it has been travelling for at least 0.3 seconds, otherwise you can just walk up to someone and almost always hit them with one of the strongest attacks in the game

okay well if you’re hitting shots on your opponent at close range I think it’s fair enough you get that free damage boost because by the gods is axe throw such a pain in the ass to land

it’s honestly more strategic to use axe throw at close range but this rework is to make it feel a little less boring and a lot more forgiving + cool

don’t forget that with upcoming weapon scrolls, this could be fire with the greataxe.

axe throw is just not worth it in most case tbh, even ain close range since im pretty sure it doesnt deal that much more dmg compared to close ranged skills

it is the most damaging throw tho, maybe its cracked on high atk spd build idk

this is why giving it an explosion radius would be a good idea.

it encourages weapon diversity and buffs some underrated lower tier weapons currently ingame

Assassins have created homing instakills, billions must invest in agility

I went axe-throwing one time so for extra detail make sure it is thrown with both hands and behind the head in an overhead type fashion.

why the fuck is you using axe throw homie

i dont want to see it get reworked. It is horrifically shit but the damage and fall off is so funny. occasionally i host elysium, i drink a power potion and throw an axe at someone to do 500+ damage