Balancing in AO, AR, and AA

past iris, u would usually struggle the first time but learn how to kill them later times. so ya, ig its the sweet spot

after fucking verdies AR pre-revamp was shit, you literally couldnt beat anything without CHEESE

Theos was ridiculous and i had to team up with my friend for him, the wizard in cerulea had to be sniped with ultimates because eh flies around so much, you get it
as for Prometheus and tutenrah, never got to them since the level barriers wore me down too easily

theos was easily cheesed by dashing on the sides of the arena which sent you fucking flying into the stratosphere and let you snipe him

Huh

Bosses were like that in AA too not just AR lmfao, basically the way bosses were balanced in AA was I would set the numbers, then tech would go “make it higher itll be funny” and i laughed and agreed

47 Likes

based boss balancing tech

4 Likes

reminds of the ways they incorporate new plants into pvz2 in a way.
A plant with a stabbing attack? OH WHY THE HECK NOT WHY SHOULDN’T WE ALLOW IT TO SOLO GARGANTUARS WITHOUT MUCH SWEAT

tech moment

2 Likes

funniest way to balance a boss ever

god bless tech moments

12 Likes

please tell me you’re still doing that type of balancing for unimportant things that sounds hilarious

2 Likes

In AR it was so much worse. The third sea bosses were consistently the least fun gaming experiences I’ve ever had. All the bosses had near-instant casting, and absurdly high damage. With the exception of Tutenrah, they flew around everywhere while never stopping attacking. Rupin was sometimes extremely unfair with near-undodgeable thousands of damage, and other times he would be extremely pathetic, as he’d get stuck inside the island and be vulnerable to getting spammed to death with explosion moves. I haven’t played the revamp, but I’ve heard that everything is better now.

MakeItHigherIt'llBeFunny

15 Likes

fucking aimbot beam angel (not to mention the way it sometimes just went through walls)

They’re still Mid but not as garbage as they used to be, Angel is kinda boring and tedious now tho you don’t even have to beat her to finish the quest anymore. Prometheus and Nestor are actually kinda fun too but that’s all really. They’re still shit but not as shit as they used to be

BRO IKR?

I made a post about how vetex probably shouldn’t make bosses like AR, and that people should avoid bosses like that, but it didnt age well
it was an unwanted suggestion

It was unwanted and unnecessary for that matter cause vetex already knew not to do that

1 Like

Angel fight works a lot differently now from before from what I’ve seen

Ahhh so that’s why they make my blood boil!

1 Like

the fuck you on about no he wasnt
he was easier than marua

bro??? all of theos’s moves are countered by magic bow except one that is easy af to dodge

a f t e r verdies firstly

secondly, you do fucking realize your example IS IN FACT CHEESE?