Ball and blade

I hope theyre enjoying their time at the mental asylum

This game takes very heavily after Paper Mario (the first game, on the Nintendo 64, specifically) so it’s working about like it does there.
Yes, that game was very skill-based if you’re playing on a not dogshit port. …Looking at you, WiiU virtual console port and your awful fucking input lag… but it still had random chance status proc’ing
It’s actually really nice that Block Tales shows you the proc chance - and that damage statuses tend to have a 100% proc chance.
Which, tbf, makes sense. Stuns are insanely powerful in Paper Mario and are likewise just as strong in Block Tales. If Mario and his companion get a stun, you basically get free damage off on the enemies (which is huge, as the game involves a lot of damage trading). If the enemy gets a stun, you’re totally fucked.

Block Tales kinda just learns from Paper Mario
(but honest to god SIXTEEN DAMAGE ON THAT DAGGER STAB AT THIS LEVEL. You basically have to be solo-fighting Ice King to not risk dying from 1 hit. …Which I did. Thankfully its block timing is huge, but as you’ve probably seen… Being frozen makes it impossible to block)

Yeah probably the hardest part is fighting the harder bosses for the first time when in a group, as that damage while you are a lower level and not used to the attacks is certainly scary. When the next chapter comes out I feel like people with low max hp will not have an easy time.

As we were preparing for the statue fight, I noticed my friend hadn’t upgraded his HP and I was like “uuuhhh, bro, you may wanna increase that.”

While true that stuns are busted, I’d still rather the system be based on the amount of times you tried to apply the effect. Just with it varying between enemies.

I beat them on hard mode

interesting question

which is the overall better starter weapon

ball

vs

sword

Neither, really. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Sword overall deals a bit more damage, at the cost of versatility; spare one move, it can only hit the enemy in front, and cannot apply debuffs. On the plus side, it ignores defense.

Ball, on the other hand, can target any position, and can apply effects onto enemies. Most notably Shrunk, which halves that target’s attack power (absolutely busted). It can also multi-hit with one of its moves. However, ball does limited damage to enemies with defense, and has no way at all of dealing with spiked enemies.

Basically, you want a party that can use both. So I wouldn’t take Baller or Knight if you intend on soloing the game, only if you have a party.

Ok after looking at footage of other people doing floor 19 hardmode in solo I think that I may have unintentionally got the record for the fewest amount of turns taken to do it. It took me 10 turns to kill them, while the next fastest that I have seen took 15. Quite unexpected from a tank build.

Nevermind I just did it in 6 turns

WHERE IS THE SHRINKBALL CARD

What?

Isn’t it at the snow shop thing?

Also, can we just take a moment to talk about how THIS ROBLOX GAME HAS A PROPER CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK?

AND IT SLAPS TOO???

the noobador music is fuckin awesome

1 Like

The Sentient Statue’s theme hits HARD, too.

I uh, listened to that on repeat while drawing this. And by repeat, I mean I manually dragged the video bar back every time the song was about to finish.

You do know you could loop the video right?

it’s not even that hard, just right click and then select the option to loop

Is that a uhh
Superball and SFOTH Sword?

I draw on my iPad.

I use my phone for music.