Bio's Development Log

I’ve only modeled rooms for a game in a class so I can’t fathom how hard scripting would be

I tried using blender too, but that didn’t work out really.

Finished the remainder of the scripting portion, this has taken me a week so it’s not exactly the fastest but atleast it works!

Progress Milestones

First Iteration, established bare bones for the HUD

Second Iteration, Finalized Layout

First Image Assets Imported, Movement tested with animating UDIM2

Animations completed, outer color scheme changed

Final Iteration, fully scripted with updated bar color and new tiered level colors

How it started:

How it’s going:

i can script quite well i guess… i have no idea what i specialize in for scripting…

I’m definitely more of a front end scripter myself, I hate having to deal with data stores and such :melting_face:

If anything, I feel like it’s a talent to be able to do a bit of everything. You’re able to better understand how a project needs to go while working with other people.

i have no idea if i would prefer front end or back end

A good way to see which you prefer is to ask yourself;

“Do I like making the parts of the game that people see? Or do I like making the inner workings that players feel when they play?”

If you prefer making items that the players usually see, You’d most likely have fun with front end programming, this can be stuff like programming how VFX plays, handling the UI & UX workflow, or Animations

If you prefer making things that the players can feel, You’d probably have fun with back-end programming, like creating the Hitbox system for a fighting game, handling datastores for how data is saved, and telling the game when to use VFX, UI, or Animations

from this post i feel like i’m more on backend

i like creating magic attacks or something (every part, such as hitbox, speed, size, status effects when hit)

also i suck at vfx and i hate coding UI (unorganized mess)

i also don’t know what i like to make the best (magic attacks? ui? house parts?)

Not enough people know about frost metal so I made my own interpretation of it :melting_face:

Need some thoughts on the color scheme of the magic though, I’m not sure if the blue-ish purple fits or not.

Finished_Frostmetal

2 Likes

Finally revamped the backend code for my dialogue system

now I can add more options for proximity prompts

Man There’s still alot of characters I have to do :pensive:

3 Likes

I’m next though

I’m not sure I like Akos without the correct colours, the Prince does not have the drip in that image

Yeah those are the untextured versions before I pose and retexture them

hey that’s me!

Sneak peak at the inclusion in my main game:

1 Like

Woohoo, it works!

2 Likes

I’ve definitely got to make a toggle switch for the proximity prompts though, or else they will quickly overwhelm me when it comes to implementing 50 of them P:

1 Like

Looks epic! Can’t wait to see Akos just standing there, menacingly.

Added a photo mode that hides your character and adds some effects:

1 Like