Buying Cargo in Bulk

Buying Cargo in Bulk
effort 2.3 10 quality 2.3 10 reasonability 2.2 10

Proposal

Make it possible to buy cargo in bulk. You can buy as many as you want in one go instead of only being able to take 2 crates at a time. You would be able to ask your quartermaster to have the crew buy as much cargo as you want with your cash by typing how much you want. Your crew would then load your ship at a much faster rate(it still takes roughly the same amount of time as unloading) then by hand and place the crates as close to each other as possible, starting at the very front of the ship. You can’t move your ship while this is happening. When your crew is finished, you can now sail away.

Edit:it probably should have drawbacks like a nerf in exp and galleon gain or some ship debufs but I’ll let vetex decide

Reason to add/change

There’s no need to waste time loading your ship with cargo when you can save time, especially if you lose all of it. Now you’ve just wasted all that extra time loading your ship for nothing. Loading ships is also the longest part of cargo runs, depending on how much you’re spending. Also, there is no actual argument against this suggestion as a similar feature, unloading your ship is in the game.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t even mind if the process was slower if I didn’t have to manually do it.

We’ve already been over this multiple times; Methods that make money with very little input from the player is an automatic no. Not only does it screw over the economy and tank the value of galleons even further but the game is also playing for you at that point, all for a band-aid change for players who can’t be bothered to spend the little amount of time it takes to put some cargo on their boat.

Unless the money is being gained is nerfed heavily then I see no good reason for this to be added unless you’re one of those players who don’t want to put effort into anything they do. The moment we start doing stuff like this is the moment where that opens up the gateway for more low effort garbage features like this to exist.

4 Likes

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 Like

literally nothing interesting happens while loading up your ship. and youll still have to sail to the island yourself anyways

It doesn’t matter if nothing happens while loading your ship or that you have to go to the island yourself, there are better ways to revamp cargo runs then just making them take literally no effort (Sailing to the island doesn’t count because that’s easy as well). Maybe add more interesting stuff in the ocean or better rewards rather than just making them so easy that it literally makes other methods obsolete.

1 Like

loading cargo is already easy enough, the only problem is that it takes too long for no reason, which is what this suggestion is trying to fix. if you dont like how boring the actual run is, make your own suggestion. dont complain about mine just because its not fixing your problem

1 Like

I’ve also been over this multiple times.
The challenge of cargo shouldn’t be putting up with how agonizingly tedious and boring it is.

I agree, having a free low effort way for players to quickly multiply their galleons with no risk quickly is stupid, but having a free low effort way for players to slowly multiply their galleons in the most tedious way possible is also stupid.

There needs to be a way for the game to make the process of sailing from point A to point B with cargo extremely challenging (and fun) to make up for losing the “”““challenge””“” of walking back and forth for 20 minutes.

If a game mechanic’s entire challenge is putting up with how shit it is, then the mechanic is shit.

4 Likes

Exactly which is why that one suggestion and adding more ocean content would somewhat remedy the problem without outright revamping cargo. Most systems in this game is literally worthless (hunger and cooking) but I don’t think Vetex wants to get rid of them so trying to find a middle ground between balance, fun, and original intent is all we can do.

how in the hell does this remedy the problem at all?
the issue with cargo doesn’t stem from a lack of ocean content, it stems from putting cargo on your ship being barely more interesting than playing fucking Sol’s RNG.

before this thread devolves i’m just going to say that the game is still in early access :grin:

I’m just sick and tired of people defending the “gameplay” of walking back and forth over and over again for an hour because its the cHaLlEnGe of cargo.

I say somewhat because loading cargo is the one thing that can’t be remedied at all because of the way Vetex makes this game. Either it’s automatic or manual (or we can go with my suggestion and just nerf how much money you get) with the automatic option the game plays for you and the slow option is just slow.

This is why I’d rather focus on making the actual cargo run itself better. That’s the only way you can do this without completely changing Vetex’s vision (even if it is wrong, we still have to deal with it since it’s his game and he’s somewhat stubborn about things sometimes)

I’m going to put this straight to you.
I don’t think vetex’s vision is walking from a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship to a shipwright to your ship and then calling that gameplay.

I also want to focus on making the actual cargo run fun and challenging and completely do away with this horrible shit that comes before it.
No matter how good and fun doing a cargo run ends up being, the process of preparing it as it currently stands will absolutely kill it for over 90% of players.
It’d be a complete waste of everybody’s time to improve running cargo if the starting process is so detrimentally unfun and unrewarding that nobody wants to touch it.

the games still in early access tho. we dont even know what vetex’s vision is. he could just sneak it in in the middle of an update

I mean this is the same dude who made hunger, random dark sea lightning strikes, overlevelled nimbus NPCs, obnoxious fishing system, garbage pvp minmaxxing, and more. Clearly annoying features like cargo are completely intentional. Vetex also works at a snails pace and is prioritizing other things as well so I doubt Cargo will ever get a revamp or even touched.

I completely agree but I feel like Cargo is never going to get changed into the way we want it (effort is too hard for roblox devs) so I’m just cutting my losses and providing a more simpler and time efficient solution which is to allow auto filling but heavily nerfed. With this I can assume it could be finished in like a day while also fixing the problem that you and others have while also not throwing balance out the window. Of course I’d prefer a complete revamp but we don’t live in a perfect world.

We need this

If you want it to be changed then why are you shitting on suggestions trying to get it changed?

Doesn’t that seem like, I dunno, the most counterintuitive thing you could possibly be doing.

This does not seem like a good idea. What happens if the player has a bounty?

Probably a good idea IF cargo gets reworked but not now.

Issue is that Vetex decided that it would be a good idea to create a free money doubler, with the only cost being your time. (Kinda sounds like a playtime farm when I put it this way)

This just wouldn’t work in the mechanic’s current state.

Basically this. Cargo as a concept shouldn’t exist because it’s not fun, but sadly it does.

This idea would be fine if the actual cargo run was challenging and risky outside of having a high pk player in the server, in which case you can literally esc + L + enter in the first 30 seconds of joining a server and checking the LB and mitigate all the risk.

In other words, cargo doesn’t really have any actual risk outside from unfair events (lets be real if you need the galleons then you probably arent winning a boat gank from some pvp sweat). If cargo runs were actually hard and fun then this would be fine.

1 Like