Calling all pvp heads

I got a feeling it goes down hill from here too they’re actually doubling down and nerfing atk spd again T_T

Yeah, let’s keep nerfing the skill-dependent stat and continue to buff size builds!

“Balance” team has completely ruined PVP for me. Limiting reflex to 1 (even OUTSIDE combat ??) makes the game feel slimy and slow. In my opinion, not everything can be completely balanced. Last update’s PVP was better than current.

1 Like

Shot now aims down instead of where your cursor is aiming for some reason now. Hoping this is a bug and not a feature cause it’s horrible

One must imagine a world… with good AO PvP!..

I hate the existence of atk spd, agility, attack size, and armor piercing

U dont like atk spd or size?

It’s honestly not an unheard of take to have. Those are arguably the two hardest stats to balance. There’s a reason most games don’t let players mess around with hitboxes sizes and framedata. The game has an expected “norm” for these stats, and it’s hard to make them usable at both low and high levels.

1 Like

i think i know what the problem is! WE HAVENT GOTTEN MORE THERMO NERFSSSS

2 Likes

Attack size is absurd

Minecraft pvp before was just about who could hit first and who can click faster, the update did make the pvp way more interesting than before to be honest

I only really PVP with friends, and while that’s fun I really think like the combat as a whole got worse in this update.

Fights against both players and NPCs end with whoever gets the strongest attack off first now. This is awful since it moreso makes high power and size better for fights now, especially with the attack speed efficiency nerfs being cast upon us for whatever reason. With the stat creep of NPCs as well, they can easily just spam strong attacks like spear’s sparrow thrust, giant placed explosions and blasts, perfectly accurate beams and gun skills. It’s not fun at all. The regeneration changes also suck pretty badly honestly, since it enabled this sucky nuke-them-first meta. Please revert the regeneration changes, and overhaul or remove armor piercing and regeneration as a stat if the defense changes are reverted.

3 Likes

While I do agree, it also made fights take longer and made it harder to apply knockback effectively for like knocking players off cliffs. Also, axes are literally a necessity.

The fights being longer isn’t exactly a bad thing in my opinion, as for the axe I find it good that you need to use multiple weapons than just clicking faster than the other player and win, I know that there was slightly more to it but it’s still mostly just that. Besides I don’t really see Minecraft as a PvP game in the slightest, for what it is the pvp is quite good

2 Likes

Mfw the NPC hits me harder than Calvus’s beam of death:
IMG_2250

3 Likes

The old one was speed and reflexes, the new one is more strategic and opportunic. If only the modified combat that jeb was working on got inserted, it would be a nice balance between the two.

This is so real

How long ago were those tests even started? I swear it’s been at least three years…

when was the last time he even updated those tests, and why does Java and bedrock still have different combat…

Literally had one hit me for enough to lose a limb earlier. Luckily, it didn’t apply limb loss, but holy smokes. These goobers are waltzin’ around at level 260 and the V man expects us to beat them?

I mean, I can, but I gotta play like frickin’ Little Mac from Punch-out.