Calling all pvp heads

do you guys like the PVP right now? Explain why you do or don’t.

I personally think its pretty mid not as fun as it used to be its slower paced and stat checking back and forth.

not a pvp head, but did some casual pvp in the past
i def much prefer last update’s meta, attack speed and agility felt really fun

8 Likes

balance team cant seem to make up their mind on a power defence meta or a substat meta

fast builds have an even higher skill floor

conjurer feels hella slimy to play :nauseated_face: :mask: hybrids got done dirty

pvp is a nuke fest or a race toward carpal tunnel rn

11 Likes

Ao used to be fun…

I’ve been trying to get into pvp lately
I think it’s pretty fun
(but I also use a 241 agility build so it might not be fun for others)

if u played darksea darksea u would’ve loved it as a agility player movement was more fluid then

the lack of double dodge reflexes is still messing me up :frpensive:

3 Likes

It’s either ice warlocks with sailor fist or mages who team up to nuke me.
warrior hybrid classes are underpowered.

it got pretty fun when i started using berserker

???

underpowered? HAVE YOU SEEN TRIASTA OF BRONZE?

pvphead: “If Vetex had an Ancient Magic I might have a little trouble.”
pve demon: “But would you lose?”
pvphead: “Nah, I’d win.”

1 Like

if he can bleed, he can be killed
(now vetex gives himself the vector curse)

right, agility feels so slow for whatever reason now

1 Like

Not sure since the only rounds of PvP I’ve gotten this update were three attempted ganks on my Berserker and one guy who just wouldn’t leave me alone on my Fighting Savant.

Overall though, it feels like nothing changed.

did they lower the range for shot?
it feels way shorter now
(could just be me because I’m using sailor while I’m used to the basic combat version of shot)

PvP in this game feels fundamentally flawed, it’s like Vetex made a singe player PvE game then just slapped the ability to damage other people on top of it with some band-aid changes to compensate for it (I mean that is literally what AO is lol).

In most fighting games I played being in the air is a weakness, but it’s the opposite in AO where airstalling and speed is the meta. Which means magic classes are always getting favored, which always makes it meta.

Not only that but imo all the build movesets feel boring (This game really could use an unorthodox, footsie, or composite type playstyle that would be really fun) We only have like 3 playstyles and variants of those though and I think they’re boring

1. Zoner (Mage) I think it’s boring

2. Rushdown (Berserker) Slightly less boring and mage cooks them

3. Stance (Warrior kinda) I somewhat enjoyed playing as warrior but as I said before mage cooks them

4. Whatever other classes that are a combination of those (Hybrid) We can only find out as we get more skills for them but the magic ones still body the non magic ones (Vetex said mages in lore were the strongest but still)

It’s hard to find a solution because if you don’t do anything then the combat will still be a slog as it always has. But then if you change it from the ground up then you’ll end up alienating people who enjoyed the old style of combat better. It’s a really tricky situation, or maybe AO just isn’t built to be a PvP game like others would suggest.

or maybe an adventure exploration fighting game with ships is too ambitious and isn’t possible for Roblox or its devs (there’s Rell Seas but even I have my doubts, though from the looks of things they’re making good progress)

It’s like AO wants to be everything at once but only succeeds in making the world and story telling look good (for Roblox standards atleast, New Vegas would neg any day of the week) It reminds me of Guild Wars in a way but on a much lower scale and with a half baked pvp system.

sorry for the yap session.

12 Likes

Almost every non-fighting game that’s tried to balance PVP and PVE has failed miserably. The reason is simply that the two are fundamentally different. PVP is a contest of skill, PC performance, and meta, whereas PVE is about consistency.

Look at Minecraft’s combat update. It was designed to make PVE more interesting, but it turned PVP into a slog. It didn’t work because the player and the NPCs are just completely different things, and are playing entirely different games.

I think ao truly did do a good job at both pvp and pve, the trick is having the loadout gamepass imo. Although both aren’t as fun as last patch but atleast grab bugs happen less now and u can grab npcs every once in a while.

I enjoy the PVP, but I can’t really say I’ve got high hopes for it in the future.