Can pk beat cursebeard?

That would count as recovery speed, but that’s more of a soft stat than anything, especially when dealing with AA levels of power scaling. Recovery speed is really only relevant if both of you are in the same physical speed/attack speed/defence tier. If even one of these four stats is significantly higher in one combatant than the other, then recovery speed becomes pointless if it isn’t followed by a separate physical speed increase.

• If you recover faster but the opponent is faster by a wide margin, then their speed negates your recovery speed and then some.
  • If you recover faster but the opponent attacks faster then it doesn’t really matter, they can just keep spamming.
  • If you recover faster but the opponent’s defence is significantly higher than yours then they have a ton more room to fuck up in the fight than you. If you can fuck up 10 times without gaining serious damage, they can probably do the same like 1000 times.

Peacekeeper is probably all of these, especially since magic techniques like flying exist. If Peacekeeper’s magic is stronger, it implicitly assumes that his speed with magic flight is faster, which will always be faster than physical speed. Attack speed and Defence seem to also scale well with magic strength, especially since Magic Shields exist.

Thought I saw somewhere that the undead curse didn’t suppress the power of the victim. Most of the detailed sources on the Arcane lore come from Discord screenshots tho so I can’t check.

Being slightly weaker than Theos checks out, but that’s still vastly stronger than a normal wizard. This is a rough strength tierlist from the old Arcane Adventures trello, showing relative power standings of some known characters.

As we can see, both Theos and Durza are some of the most powerful wizards alive and even much stronger than curse users such as Valencia, Trigno and Averill. It also shows that Undead Prometheus’ power was limited by Durza so it’s likely that Undead Zeus’ was as well.

To answer the question, I think the PK stands a chance against Cursebeard but I’d say the odds are in Cursebeard’s favor. I’m too tired to go into why I think so right now though.

1 Like

I was kind of intentionally downplaying Durza to humour myself. It’s why I later said Theos is probably the strongest “normal” mage that will ever exist, though this might prove false depending on what happens in AO. I don’t actually believe that Durza is extremely weak.

Durza was always planned to be a curse user though, right? Was that a typo?

I thought I’d heard that the undead curse didn’t affect Zeus’ power somewhere, not sure where exactly it was. Guess that was probably wrong. Either that or I’m misremembering something.

Yeah my bad

what? energy curse gives infinite stamina and magic energy

Uh…
Magic energy in the arcane universe works by recharging mana from the atmosphere. If you’re out of mana, you can always just get it back from the atmosphere. The natural conclusion is that an expert wizard would probably be so good at seamlessly toggling from casting out and recharging mana that their mana would be virtually infinite. The only caveat here is that the process of casting and recharging mana might be tiring, which doesn’t apply to Cursebeard because of his Energy Curse.

However, he already has infinite stamina. The fact that he doesn’t take a stamina cost from doing the normal wizard process doesn’t benefit him in any way, because multiplying infinity by something still gets infinity, right? His stamina doesn’t become more infiniter or whatever. Assuming, anyway, that you are referring to uncountable infinity, his curse might as well just be summarized as infinite stamina.

Though admittedly I was wrong when I said it was basically recovery speed, since it’s actually recovery speed and stamina, which here I guess refers to the fact that his body doesn’t even really need to recover at all. So it can be chalked up to infinite stamina. This is still a soft stat though, and suffers from the points I brought up. He wins in a war of attrition, and so the main tactic against an opponent that eclipses him in just one of those stats will be to force a war of attrition (or to use some other contextually convenient mechanism, but assuming this is a flat stage with no outside help, then this doesn’t apply).

i think vetex said somewhere that in lore they don’t just instantly charge it back up like in game, they get it back by sleeping and eating (ill try to find it rq)

yes… because of the energy curse…
people get tired in the lore, he doesnt

idk man but ronald mcdonald solos ong

1 Like

I don’t think you understood my point there.
My point was that because of the mechanics of magic, stating that he has infinite magic energy isn’t really an additional advantage to Cursebeard, since it just chalks up to him having infinite stamina again.

Yeah, I already know the quote you’re referring to. I already made a comment to a comment on it at some point in the past.

If you follow one of the links there, you should see the original post that Vetex made.

pretty sure curses still take magic energy to use though, so when pk runs out they’ll be powerless

I was referring to Cursebeard there. Wasn’t talking about Peacekeeper. The point was that, assuming charging works the way Vetex seems to have hinted at it working, having infinite stamina to a mage is functionally equivalent to having infinite mana.

Also yeah, I agree that PK would eventually tire out and perhaps even lose. That’s assuming that Cursebeard survives long enough to get PK to reach that point though. That’s the point of my post.

The weakness of the war of attrition is that you have to actually live through it. If you can’t hold out, it just won’t work. Similar thing here - depending on the raw power gap between PK and Cursebeard, Cursebeard’s infinite stamina does not matter except in very specific circumstances.

tbf tho this is all predicated on my headcanon being right, which I’m like 90% sure it is.
at least I’m sure enough that, if it ends up being wrong, it would be because vetex either misspoke or said something misleading.
so since the chance of that happening is never 0%, my headcanon might actually be wrong. it could also be that it was right at some point but gets retconned to be wrong.

Ok my take is. While cursebeard out haxs. And is probably better at fighting. The peacekeeper has been every other advantage. Speed power Strenght ap etc. while he could outlast him. The peacekeeper still has a lot of stamina. So cursebeard wouldn’t probably last. Not saying he can’t just 8 times out of 10 he would lose. Imo. Like mid-high diff fight

Yours can be different and that’s fine