Can someone solve this math problem for me? math isn't my strong suit

if something with a value of 1.1 takes 2.75 hours to remove something, what is the value of something that removes it in 129.4 seconds?

(for personal research)

First you’ll want to convert the hours into seconds by multiplying it by 60 twice for 9900. This is just to make things much easier to read.
Then you’ll want to make the 1.1 equal to 1 by multiplying both 1.1 and 9900 by 10/11 to get 1 value and 9000 seconds.

So now you know a value of 1 equals 9000 seconds.
From there I’ve got no idea I haven’t done this kind of math in ages.

1 Like

just realised this problem isn’t fair for what I’m trying to solve for :fr:

will add actual problem when I get to it but thanks for solving

So far I can tell you that X (value) = 9000 seconds though, just not how much X you need.

(edit: The full solution was not impossible, I just forgot how to find solutions to problems like this briefly)

1 Like

meth

I suck at math so don’t trust a word that comes out of my mouth. But if I was to try solving this, this is how I’d do it.

Convert 2.75 hours into seconds: 9900 seconds

So 1.1 is to 9900 seconds what value X is to 129.4 seconds. To find out what X is, you can divide 1.1 by 9900 and multiply this quotient by 129.4.

1.1/9900 = 0.00011111111

129.4 * 0.00011111111 = 0.01437777777

Therefore, something that is removed in 129.4 seconds would have a value of 0.01437777777. (Assuming the removal happens at a linear rate.)

I’d need somebody good at math to debunk or support this, though

damn it I overthought the math again.
nevermind finding the full solution is not impossible I was just looking at it from the wrong angle.

Lemme see if I can get the same answer.

By extension you know that 0.1 value = 900 seconds and 0.01 value = 90 seconds and so on and so on.
So the answer must be around 0.014

So yea it adds up I was just being dumb earlier and failed to use any amount of actual problem solving skill.

oh okay thanks

I was gonna use this number to find the hypothetical PH of acid magic compared to something such as hydrochloric acid, I realised this comparison was not fair though because I was measuring how long it took for magic acid’s tick time and damage would take to kill a level 90 player with no armor compared to how long it would take for hydrochloric acid to completely dissolve an already deceased fresh human body.

I see, you’ll need to test the hydrochloric acid on a not-deceased human body, of course.

Good luck in your research!

welp I did the research

and you can see it in this post:

the answer I concluded was somewhere in the -21 range, though this is more of an educated guess, my message explains why

I checked it out, it’s correct :+1: (0.014)