Castaway Workers Spawning Underwater/Underground

What were you doing before bug occurred: Loading in my clan save for Shale Reef.

Steps to reproduce: Put a castaway worker on any type of terraformed ground.

F9 Logs ( press f9 to view them in-game):

Pictures/Videos:

(there should be a Castaway standing right in-between those two reagent pots.)
CastawayWorkerBug6.PNG

My other castaways that are placed on non-terraformed ground work just fine. But all of my other castaways (such as ones on Docks, Surface, or Wooden Surface Offset) spawn below their huts and merchant stands, on the ground beneath the terraformed structures.

Farming huts are still fully functional, but the castaways working at them are nowhere to be seen.

Underwater and underground castaway shop NPCs cannot be spoken to, even though the prompt appears, making them completely nonfunctional. An exception to this is that a bugged Shipwright can still be used to unload your ship’s cargo via a quartermaster, but you can’t directly shop at them.

I speculate that the reason why this bug happens is that the castaways load in before the terraforming does, so for a brief moment their huts/stands are floating in the air, and the castaways themselves spawn on whatever ground is below their designated structures. Only then does the terraforming appear afterward, but the castaways don’t move up to where they’re supposed to be.

If I’m right, perhaps a simple fix for this could be anchoring castaways to their huts/stands. That way, if the terraforming hasn’t loaded in yet (which would leave them with no ground to stand on), instead of falling and bugging out they float just like their huts/stands do.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.